How to Do Pin Up Girl Makeup
The aesthetics of a pin-up girl, which derives from the glamour of the forties and fifties, are still present in today's fashion and can be see in celebrities such as Dita Von Teese and Katy Perry. If you are fascinated by its flirty, suggestive, sensual and feminine style, then in the following oneHOWTO article we give you the keys you need to know how to do pin up girls makeup and make you look spectacular.
Prepare the skin
The appearance of the skin is key to the pin up style makeup. The first step is to deeply clean the skin and suitably prepare it by moisturizing it. Perform a deep facial cleansing by using an appropriate gel according to your skin type, a tonic and end by applying a moisturizer. If you want to use a homemade treatment, we suggest using a rice face mask, as this product is well known for its smoothing and anti-inflammatory effect, making your skin get an even and smooth tone.
Girls with a pin up aesthetic are characterized by an impeccable, clear and flawless complexion similar to that of a porcelain doll. Take a look at the following steps to create the perfect canvas for the rest of your makeup.
- To improve and unify the tone, apply a foundation of the same color as your skin or one tone lighter. Matte foundation is perfect for a velvety pin up makeup. Extend the product over the face very well so that no unsightly lines are visible.
- Dedicate a little time to cover up and hide all the imperfections of the face with the help of a good concealer. Make sure the concealer is the same tone as your foundation.
- Use an illuminator to highlight your features. Apply on your cheekbones from the inside to the outside, apply a bit of illuminator next to the tear duct, the bridge of your eyebrows and a very fine line on the center of your nose.
- Seal the make up by applying a little translucent powder over the skin. For this whole process, the baking method is the best to achieve the sleek velvety look we're going for here.
Certainly, the eyes are the centerpiece of pin up style make up. Follow this step by step guide to pin up cat eyes to look gorgeous.
- First, apply clear eye shadow on the upper eyelid; use nude or beige tones and blur them well.
- Now, use a black eye liner to mark the expression in the eyes. The key is to draw a well defined line on the upper lashes. Extend the final line upwards, simulating a little 'little tail' that elongates your eyes and gives them a feline look. Take a look at our article on how to apply eyeliner perfectly if you find this part tricky.
- Mark the tear duct with a beige pencil to harden the look and add light.
- If you have small eyes and want to make them look bigger, we recommend you use white eyeliner in your lower eye line.
Extra long lashes
Once you have properly outlined your eyes, pay attention to the eyelashes. Fluttery and wide eyelashes will further enhance your eyes even if they have a simple black line on them. Follow the instructions:
- Use an eyelash curler to accentuate their length and curvature
- Apply two generous layers of black mascara to give greater strength to your pin-up make up. Make sure that the lashes are evened out and the mascara doesn't make them stick together or create any clumps.
- If you want a more shocking effect you can always try using false eyelashes. Stick them carefully with the help of a pair of clean tweezers.
When applying make up in pin-up style it is essential that you add prominence to the eyebrows. They should be well defined to frame your eyes and, if possible, be the same color as your hair. If you have thin eyebrows and need a quick fix, we suggest you take a look at how to apply make up to your eyebrows easily and in just a few minutes, simply consult our article.
- Comb your eyebrows back so there are no stray hairs.
- Fill in any gaps with a liner that is the same color as your brow.
- Apply a touch more illuminator right under the bridge of the brow.
- Apply a very small portion of Vaseline and comb it in to define them further.
Passion red lips
Other than the eyes, red lipstick is a defining element of pin-up style make up. It makes this feminine look very sexy and sensual. So that the lipstick lasts longer, follow our instructions:
- First outline and fill in lips with a red pencil
- Then, apply the red lipstick of your choice. Make sure that the color is intense and matte. If you don't own matte lipstick you can make it yourself at home in no time!
Depending on what pin up hairstyle you're wearing, you may want to match the color of your lipstick to that of your hairpiece.
To top up your pin up look, apply a slight touch of blush to your cheeks. Use natural rouge tones that with merge into the color of your skin and apply on your cheekbones lightly from the inside towards your temples. Do not overdo the blusher or apply intense colors as this will remove prominence from the other elements of the pin-up style make up.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Do Pin Up Girl Makeup, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.