How to Make a Rice Face Mask for Smooth Skin
At OneHowTo you can discover the beauty secret of the geishas: the rice face mask. This is a homemade beauty treatment that is based on rice, a cereal packed with nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that is perfect for a bright and healthy face. If you want to know how to make a rice face mask follow these simple steps. Your skin will have its own natural glow!
The properties of rice
Rice is your best ally for beauty treatments because it is a cereal rich in minerals, trace elements, vitamins and inositol. This last rice component is derived from vitamin B and works to enhance cellular breathing and by doing so, reduces the skin's aging process.
Whenever we talk about how to make rice face masks we are talking about organic rice, i.e. rice that has not been treated with pesticides and can be bought at any health food shop.
The benefits of a rice face mask
Rice face masks provide different benefits for our skin due to its wide variety of nutrients.
- Toning: inositol is a rice compound that boosts blood flow and cell growth. This component makes rice face masks great for toning the skin.
- Anti-irritation: the large amount of vitamins in rice can relieve any skin irritation by dabbing it with a swab moistened in a rice face mask.
- Anti-aging: the antioxidants of this cereal as well as the component of inositol, are your best allies to slow skin aging and treat facial wrinkles.
Making a rice face mask
To make the tonic that we are going to use in our rice face mask, we'll need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup organic rice
- 4 cups water
Making a rice face mask is very simple:
- Simmer 4 cups of water.
- Add the rice and boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain the rice keeping the water that the cereal has been boiled in.
- Keep the water in the fridge and let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
Applying a rice face mask
- The first thing you have to do is cut up pieces of kitchen roll into rectangles to use on your skin.
- Dip these pieces of paper into the rice tonic that you have just made and place them on your face.
- Leave this rice face mask on for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse your skin with water.
If you apply this rice face mask twice a week, you notice how much brighter, cleaner and younger your skin is. Try it, you'll see how well it works!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Rice Face Mask for Smooth Skin, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.