How to Make Rice Moisturizer
Before cooking rice people usually wash it, throw the water away, put the rice in the rice cooker and add the water for the rice to cook in. In this process an extremely important beauty ingredient is being wasted. This ingredient is the rice water which is thrown after washing the rice. Its beauty benefits are something which was known only to Asian people until fairly recently. But now that the secret is out, people from all over the world swear by its skin benefits.
This Onehowto article will show you how to make rice moisturizer to have beautiful silky hair.
Rice water and its benefits
Rice water is the water in which the rice is washed or soaked before cooking. In most places it is discarded. But now as you will come to know about its benefits, this rice water will become your most treasured beauty ingredient.
Rice water is a wonderful moisturizer and toner. It lightens your skin tone and helps in removing sun spots, hyper pigmentation and age spots. It reduces pore size on your skin and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Regular use of rice water will give you a flawless porcelain like finish to your skin. The best thing about rice water is that it is natural and does not have any side effects.
DIY Rice Moisturizer
Now that you know about the numerous benefits of rice water, you should try and apply it on your skin to moisturize it and make it soft and supple.
You will need:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- Airtight container
- Cotton pad or paper towel
- Open the lid of airtight container and pour a cup full of rice in it.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the container. After a minute stir the rice and water with a spoon. Then put the lid on it and let it sit for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the water will become milky white and the rice will become a bit translucent. This milky white water is the rice water.
- Strain the rice water and pour it in another container. Stir it again with a spoon so that its nutrients do not settle down.
- Take the cotton pad or paper towel and dip it in the rice water. Take it out and then gently pat it all over the face.
- The rice water applied over the face will take about a couple of minutes to dry. When the water dries, dip the cotton pad or paper towel again in rice water and reapply it all over your face.
- When it dries out your skin will feel moisturized and baby soft. You won’t even have to use toner.
Note: Rice water moisturizer can be used on hands, arms, neck and any other part of body.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Rice Moisturizer, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.