How To Make Your Chin Look Pointier
Undoubtedly, your chin plays an important role in determining the shape of your face. Chins can appear in different shapes, including: oval, split, pointy and more. However, with the rise of beauty standards, what has slowly become incredibly popular is a pointy and defined chin.
Many people believe that this pointy shape is currently more appealing and adds definition to a person’s face. Therefore, here at OneHOWTO we have decided to advise you on how to make your chin look pointier with or without makeup. There are certain exercises, makeup tricks and other tips that you can use to give the desired shape to your chin.
Makeup tricks for a pointier chin
Here are a few makeup tricks that you can use to make your chin look pointier:
- Choose the right makeup products: We recommend choosing makeup products that work well with your skin type. If your skin is dry, use a cream concealer that is 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone. If your skin is oily or mixed, choose a powder bronzer which is one shade darker than your natural skin tone. Don't pick a shimmered concealer or bronzer, as it may draw unwanted attention to your chin. Contrast your darker shade concealer with a cream highlighter. It will serve as a significant shading product to will make your chin look pointier.
- Highlight your best features: Make sure to put your makeup on in such a way that you draw attention away from your chin: you can do this by highlighting your features in upward strokes. Choose a moisturizing foundation that is as similar to your skin tone as possible and apply some onto your entire face. Use a brow pencil to strengthen your brow line by filling in your eyebrows. Add shape to your cheeks by applying some peach or warm pink blush on them. If you want to add strength to your cheekbones, apply some blush below your cheekbone. Apply a lighter shade lipstick, such as: neutral or a soft berry shade. These makeup tricks will draw attention towards the best part of your face and add definition to them.
- Draw attention away from your chin: Now that you have prepared your face for the makeup, you can contour some of your features to draw attention away from your chin area. Fill a darker shade concealer on a stiff contour brush. If it’s a powder, tap the brush to remove any excess. Apply the brush on the tip of your chin and blend downwards under the chin. Also apply a shading product along the sides and temples of your face to create a slimmer and softer look. After shading your features, apply a cream highlighter on your jawbone. This will add definition and structure to it. Blend out the highlighter to get a natural look.
- Use your hair: The hairstyle that you choose can also influence the shape of your face. If your face is thin and your chin is prominent, then luscious curls or a short bob can downplay your chin area. If your jaw is square shaped and your chin is prominent, then keep your hair long so that it falls over your shoulders. A polished side braid will give a playful, slimmer look to your face.
Exercises to make your chin look pointier
Other than makeup, there are a few exercises you can do to help make your chin pointier naturally and permanently:
- Cheek lift: Shape your mouth in such a way as if mouthing the letter ‘O’. Press the inner part of your cheek with your tongue and hold for a minute. Repeat a few times. This exercise will train and tone your cheeks muscles.
- Chin lift: Look up towards the roof. While doing this, pull your lips into a kissing shape. Keep your lips in this position for about 10 seconds. Repeat this exercise ten times in a day to tone up your jawline and chin. This exercise will also be helpful in shedding excess fat from your chin area.
- Chin massage: While waking up in the morning, massage your chin with slight downward pulls. Use massage oil for better results, we recommend using Olive oil. It will both contour and groom your chin.
- Face massage: You can increase the blood circulation in your face by running your fingers over your face giving it a massage. Run your fingers in circular motions. Rub your jawline, chin, cheeks and temples. This massage will firm your skin. Alternatively, you may also give yourself a face massage by rubbing a couple of ice cubes on it.
- Fish face: Have you ever noticed that sucked-in face of a fish? You can get a pointier jawline just by making that kind of shape. Suck your cheeks in from the inside of your mouth and try to smile. Your face will resemble that of a fish,this exercise is known to be helpful in toning up face muscles. Hold for a few seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Cheek press: Clean your thumb before inserting it in your mouth. Pull the cheek with your thumb from the inside and press it into your palate or gums. Hold for a minute, then release and repeat a few times. This exercise will tighten your cheeks in turn making your chin appear pointier.
- Water fill: Fill water in your cheeks and press your lips firmly. Use your palms to press your swollen cheeks. Place your palms in such a way that your fingers are over your ears. Hold for 5-6 seconds and relax. Repeat and try to hold this position longer every time.
- Lip press: Open your mouth, fold your lips over your teeth and press the muscles of your cheeks and lips. Keep your palms on the sides of your face and slowly move them upwards to pull up the skin of your cheeks. Continue doing this until heat radiates on your cheeks and you feel tired. This movement will not only make your chin pointier, but also eliminate wrinkles from your face.
- Clench the jaw: Clenching the jaw for a few seconds and then releasing it is a good exercise to help you get a better jawline. You may feel a little burn and discomfort, but it is very effective in toning up your face quickly. It does not look funny like a fish face, and you can easily incorporate in your everyday routine.
Lifestyle Changes to Have a Pointier Chin
Other than makeup and exercise, here are some other ways that can help you achieve a pointier chin:
- Smile: There are several benefits of smiling. Other than functioning as a mood enhancer, it can tone your face muscles.
- Chew gum: Chewing gum is one of the best and easiest exercises to tone the muscles of your face. You need to do a lot of jaw movement in order to chew gum. This helps in sharpening your jaw and chin area. Apart from that, chewing gum is delicious, fun and can be done without much effort.
- Rub from bottom to top: While applying daily moisturizer, cream or any other product on your face, always rub it from bottom to the top of your face. This will prevent sagging of the skin, keeping it wrinkle free.
Last but not the least, cut your salt intake and get enough sleep every night.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make Your Chin Look Pointier, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.