How to Apply Vitamin C on Face
Vitamin C is a key nutrient in our diet. It helps us have a healthy immune system, as well as fight the formation of free radicals. It is very important to avoid vitamin C deficiency, or getting too much of it. This simply wonderful ingredient is also key to ensuring the health of our skin, helping it look much younger through vitamin C serum, vitamin C facial, vitamin C face cream, and vitamin C face masks.
Do you want to apply vitamin C on face but do not know how to proceed? Keep reading, because on OneHowTo.com we explain how to apply vitamin C on face.
Benefits of vitamin C for the skin
Getting enough vitamin C, both through food or through tablets is very important in order to keep our immune system working. If we want to get the same powerful effect on face, it is not sufficient to have a vitamin C rich diet. It is best to opt for topical application, applying viamine C on face in the form of vitamin C serum, vitamin C facial, vitamin C face cream, and vitamin C face masks.
The benefits of applying vitamin C on face include:
- The antioxidants in vitamin C facial protect the face from the damage caused by free radicals that affect your brightness and overall appearance.
- Vitamin C face serum brings a visible reduction in wrinkles because it contributes to the production of collagen. It simultaneously helps slow the production of new wrinkles.
- Applying vitamin C on face improves the appearance of sun battered skin, helping to reduce the damage.
- Vitamin C masks with a vitamin C concentration higher than 10% help reduce face stains.
- Applying vitamin C on face Improves blood circulation.
- Vitamin C face cream reduces inflammation, bags, red spots.
For whom it is recommended and how to apply vitamin C on face
Applying vitamin C on face is recommended for:
- People over the age of 30, as it contributes to the production of collagen, fighting against premature ageing of the skin.
- Those whose skin has been badly damaged by the sun at any age. In such cases, vitamin C serum is highly recommended.
- People with dull skin, lack of radiance and tired looks. Vitamin C face cream helps improve the appearance of the dermis.
Applying vitamin C on face is not recommended for people with eczema, allergies, sensitive skin, or people who are too tanned, as well as on warts or herpes.
How to apply vitamin C on face
As we will explain in the following paragraph, there are several ways of applying vitamin C on face, such as vitamin C serum, vitamin C facial, vitamin C face cream, and vitamin C face masks. It is always advisable to apply vitamin C on face after thoroughly cleaning the face in the evening, never in the day because vitamin C oxidises with sun. Applying vitamin C on face at night helps regenerate the dermis in a much more effective and powerful way.
For full absorption, It must be applied directly on the skin, never over makeup or sunscreen.
Vitamin C in cosmetic products
The easiest way of applying vitamin C on face is by using cosmetic products fortified with this nutrient. Beauty centres can also provide professional vitamin C facial treatments.
The most common vitamin C beauty products are:
- Vitamin C Blisters: applied directly to the dermis as a face cream, their vitamin C concentrations range between 5 and 20%, and may include other nutrients such as vitamin E. Once opened, vitamin C blisters must be used within 24 hours, otherwise the vitamin will oxidise. Vitamin C blisters can be used daily if you are looking for an immediate result, or 3 times a week in the case of young skins.
- Vitamin C Serum: ideal for oily skins, its light texture allows easy application. Vitamin C serum is often used as an intensive treatment for 10 consecutive days. Ideal for people with dull or sun damaged sun.
- Vitamin C Cream: perfect for those who want to enjoy the effects of vitamin C in the long term. Vitamin C cream is usually mixed with other components that offer moisturising or anti-aging effects.
- Vitamin C Powder: is mixed with vitamin C cream, vitamin C serum, or other types of creams and serums. It is a good alternative for those who are happy with their cosmetic line, but want to incorporate the benefits of vitamin C to their routine.
Homemade masks with vitamin C
So, applying vitamin C cosmetic products on face makes a difference, but you can also opt for homemade alternatives.
Apply either of the below two vitamin C face masks on clean and exfoliated face in the evenings. Use the vitamin C face masks once a week.
Firming and brightening vitamin C face mask
It combines the nutritional properties of egg yolk, hydration from honey, and the antioxidant and luminous power of vitamin C on face to create a easy to make vitamin C face mask. You will need:
- An egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 effervescent vitamin C tablet
Beat egg yolk with honey until you get a uniform mixture, dissolve the vitamin C tablet in a spoonful of water and incorporate it to the rest of the vitamin C face mask. Apply on clean face with a sponge or brush and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove with warm water.
Nourishing vitamin C face mask with orange
Quick and easy to prepare, this vitamin C face mask provides moisture and purifies the face. To make it you will need:
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Orange juice, freshly squeezed
Mix both ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture, apply on clean, exfoliated face and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove with warm water.
There are many ways of applying vitamin C on face: vitamin C serum, vitamin C facial, vitamin C face cream, and vitamin C face masks can all help you get a younger, brighter looking face.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Apply Vitamin C on Face, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.