How to Look Like Kendall Jenner
If you're into fashion blogs, celebrities or simply have a Snapchat or Instagram account, you'll know that the Jenner sisters, Kylie and Kendall, are the rising style icons of the year.
Kendall Jenner is a stunningly beautiful model and reality TV star known for her influence on social media and her recent break into high fashion: she has an understated, grunge-y style that is actually quite easy to imitate on a lower budget. In this oneHOWTO article, we'll show you how to look like Kendall Jenner.
How to do your makeup like Kendall Jenner:
Kendall Jenner is known for her natural glowing look, which you can wear to class, to the office, or even to a fancy party. Although she has a hectic lifestyle, full of travelling, photo shoots and interviews, she manages to look perfectly well-rested at all times. In this section, you'll learn how to look like Kendall Jenner through neutral makeup:
- Skin: To get skin like Kendall Jenner's, you need to establish a good skin routine. Wash your face well before using makeup, and remove it carefully before going to sleep. Rest well, exercise and keep a good diet with plenty of water, and don't forget to use sunscreen. Your skin will look as dewy and flawless as hers!
- Foundation: Sometimes a good routine is not enough. Use a creamy beige or golden foundation and blend it well. Make sure it matches your natural skin tone! Kendall Jenner used contouring, but now she's moved on to strobe makeup and highlighter to make her features pop, but if that takes too long for your schedule, simply use some bronzer.
- Eyes: Kendall Jenner makes the most of her dark brown eyes by focusing everyone's attention on them. She uses shimmering golden brown eyeshadow and blends it well, adding a thin line with eyeliner. Luckily, if you have blue or green eyes gold makeup will suit you as well! Kendall Jenner emphasizes her spectacular eyelashes with thick mascara; if yours are short, you can curl them and apply false eyelashes. For special events she turns to heavier, smoky eye makeup, applying it even on her lower lashline.
- Eyebrows: Kendall Jenner has naturally dark and thick eyebrows, and she emphasizes her fierce look by shaping them into a V. Like Cara Delevingne, she gets perfect eyebrows by almost not plucking them - she does that only in the middle and under the arch. They are always brushed and perfectly filled in.
- Lips: To go with her natural look, Kendall Jenner keeps her lips understated. She uses pale lipstick in her daily life, and turns to classic, bold red for special events. However, they are well-lined and hydrated.
How to wear your hair like Kendall Jenner:
To look like Kendall Jenner, you must also have her hair. Kendall Jenner's hair is naturally dark, straight and sleek. If you don't have her hair color or texture, don't worry, and remember she has personal stylists who fix it for her.
You can get your hair to look like Kendall Jenner's by taking good care of it: it's very important to moisturize your hair. If it's too dry, you can make and apply natural hair masks that will make it look healthy, lush, and soft.
While Kendall Jenner's hair is naturally straight, she often wears it loose and wavy by curling it with a wand. She also often wears it in informal top knots or low burns, letting some locks fall free to frame her face. Occasionally, she rocks ponytails or boxer braids, as we show you in this video tutorial.
How to dress like Kendall Jenner:
If Kendall is such a style icon, it's because she has an excellent eye for mixing pieces. In order to look like Kendall Jenner, you only have to take a look at grunge fashions from the mid-90s and glam rock styles from the late 70s.
To dress like Kendall Jenner, try mixing formal and casual clothes: you'll create an outfit that you can wear anywhere. She often chooses neutral colors, especially flat white or black. For her general look, wear high necklines (turtle necks and high boat necks) and high waisted pants or skirts, emphasising your legs.
Wear a Kendall Jenner-inspired outfit by mixing elegant, decadent pieces like lace tops, silk slip dresses and velvet or fur jackets and kimonos with ripped jeans, denim jackets or simple black leggings. For the extra rock star touch, wear big round sunglasses and leopard prints.
Kendall Jenner prefers flat shoes like white sneakers or lace-up gladiator sandals. She also wears black boots, from casual ankle biker-style boots to stunning knee-highs. She keeps bags simple, also in black, since they match any kind of outfit and give a sort of effortlessly hot look.
Depending on the occasion, she glams up her outfit with jewelled embellishments or embroidery. However, she also wears sweatpants - as long as they're in elegant dark colors like khaki or dark red, and matching her sweater.
This has been a very easy tutorial for those of you wondering how to look like Kendall Jenner. With healthy skin and hair, natural makeup and neutral outfits that you can already find in your closet or in a thrift shop sale, you'll be ready to rock Instagram and look fantastic in every photo. Now you only need a set of sisters to match!
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Look Like Kendall Jenner, we recommend you browse around our Fashion & Style category.