How to Look like Kylie Jenner
If you have scrolled your social media feed today, chances are that Kylie Jenner somehow appeared on it. The American socialite is famous for having appeared in Keeping Up with the Kardashians since she was a child, together with her older sister Kendall and her half-siblings Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, Rob, Casey, Burt, Brandon and Brody.
Now she is barely twenty, but she has already become a model and cosmetics entrepreneur. Kylie is a huge social media star, and she is basically her own brand: everyone wants to get her look! In this oneHOWTO article we'll show you how to look like Kylie Jenner with makeup, hair and outfit tips.
How to do your makeup like Kylie Jenner
The easiest way to look like Kylie Jenner is to do your makeup like she does: at this point, it is difficult to know if she does contour because it is trendy or if contour is trendy because she wears it. Kylie Jenner is known for her sculpted looks and pouting lips.
We will go over Kylie's makeup routine in a second, but you must bear in mind that it will take long to achieve it, and that she has had the help of professional makeup artists in many occasions. If you can't do your makeup like Kylie Jenner at first, be patient and keep practicing!
- Keep your skin clean and well hydrated. Don't get frustrated if your skin doesn't look as flawless as hers, because she is extremely young. Drink lots of water, have a regular face cleansing routine, and moisturize.
- Before starting to do your makeup like Kylie, apply primer all over your face.
- Kylie mixes foundation and concealer products, and she uses a lot of material. Like her sisters, she tends to use slightly darker shades. Create a smooth base for your makeup, remembering to reach the neck so that you don't end up looking like a mask, and blend the foundation well with a large brush or makeup sponge.
- Besides her lips, Kylie Jenner's most famous feature is her eyebrows. If you have thin eyebrows, here you will learn how to make them look thicker. Brush them with upwards strokes, creating a shapely arch and setting it with gel, wax or pomade, and pencil them in brown. Make your eyebrows sharper by underlining them with pale concealer or eye shadow, and set the paint with powder.
- Before applying eye shadow, prime your eyelids with a matte product. Then, do a smoky eye in earth tones, with the darkest brown at the outer corners. This will give your eyes more depth.
- Now's the time to contour. Apply concealer in a lighter shade than your natural skin tone on the middle of your forehead, your cheekbones, your nose and your cupid's bow. Then, darken the hollow areas and edges of your face with bronzer or your favorite contour shade to emphasize your bone structure. You can bake your makeup to look like Kylie even more. Blend the contouring by dabbing with a brush or sponge, not by sweeping, and set it all with powder.
- Apply blush in peachy, sandy or terracotta tones, depending on your natural skin tone.
- To finish making up your eyes like Kylie, curl your eyelashes and apply brown mascara both at the top and bottom lashes. You can also wear false ones. Wear soft, light eyeliner on your waterline and a sleek cat's eye.
- Kylie Jenner had a lip augmentation to get her signature pout, and the famous "Kylie Jenner challenge" is definitely not a good makeup idea. To get lips like Kylie's, then, we recommend over-lining them at the center and normally on the corners with a dark lip liner. You can wear lip gloss or a matte lipstick. Kylie usually wears dark, brownish shades inspired by the style of the Nineties.
- Finally, apply a bit of strobing highlighter on top of your cheekbones. Done!
Now that you know how to do your makeup like Kylie Jenner, you can also get very long and colorful gel nails.
How to wear your hair like Kylie Jenner
Much like celebrities Zendaya and Rihanna, Kylie Jenner has changed her hair too many times to count. While she used to have thick, wavy dark hair with extremely long and blunt bangs, she surprised us all with a sudden bob in blue ombré.
Since then, Kylie has worn pastel blue and green hair, beautiful blond waves with visible black roots, straight bangs, and more. Her secret? Wigs! You can easily wear your hair like Kylie Jenner by getting a similar wig, but if you don't have a celebrity lifestyle they can be impractical and too expensive.
Instead, you can look like Kylie Jenner by copying her natural dark brown hair and wearing it wavy, in a medium to long cut with a slight side part. For added realism, add a cool baseball cap.
How to dress like Kylie Jenner
Kylie Jenner's street style is edgier and bolder than her sister Kendall's. She is really into athleisure style, which luckily means that her style is comfortable and relatively easy to copy.
In general, Kylie's outfits are in black and white, or in neutral denim. Otherwise, she goes big and bright with neon or very saturated colors, and she has also worn loud rhinestones and embroidery.
- Tops and sweaters: Kylie Jenner wears both loose and tight tops, but never halfway. When she chooses loose clothes, she wears oversized sweaters and low-cut, flowing tops. When she goes tight, she wears crop tops, occasionally with a halter or high-necked line. For a really recognizable Kylie Jenner look, wear a body suit in a neutral color with cutouts.As outerwear, Kylie chooses big bomber or denim jackets.
- Pants and skirts: Kylie usually wears high-waisted pants and skirts of all styles, often very short or with cut-offs. She has also worn denim overalls and jumpsuits, as well as simple tight leggings.
- Shoes: She wears all sorts of shoes in all sorts of occasions and combinations, from big black boots to strappy sandals and high-top sneakers.
- Accessories: Experiment with accessories! Kylie usually wears aviator or big round sunglasses, bags and purses of all styles, and earrings.
Now that you know how to look like Kylie Jenner, share your makeup, hair or outfit tips in the comments section!
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Look like Kylie Jenner, we recommend you browse around our Fashion & Style category.