How to Outline Your Lips
Outlining your lips can be the perfect makeup step for beautifying your mouth, making it look much more attractive and sexy. What's more, it is an ideal trick for correcting lip contour imperfections and for visibly changing their shape by making them look plumper, thinner, symmetrical, etc. For this reason, a lip liner is the best cosmetic that you can use so your lipstick looks amazing. Furthermore, it intensifies the color of your lipstick, making it look great. If you're not sure what steps to follow to outline your lips, pay attention to this OneHowTo article.
The steps for outlining your lips are very simple and don't take long. However, OneHowTo wants the finished result to be flawless as always, so it's really important to pay attention to your mouth's appearance beforehand. If your lips are dry, cracked colour doesn't look good at all and the end result won't be as expected.
If you're lips are dry, you may only need to apply a lip balm to moisturise your lips. But if they are full of unsightly bits of flaky skin, then you're best performing an instant exfoliation. To do this, mix Vaseline with a little sugar and spread it onto your lips with a clean toothbrush in circular motions. You'll remove all the dead skin and leave them looking extremely soft and beautiful. This is one option to make a lip scrub but you can really make it with other ingredients. In OneHowTo we explain you how to make a lip scrub.
Are your lips perfect and moisturised? If so, you can now start to outline them. It is best to choose a lip liner pencil that is the same shade as your lipstick. This way it will be much easier to apply and the end result will be much more flattering. Avoid choosing darker lip liners, as these will look artificial and your lips will look thinner. If you don't have a lip liner in an equal or similar tone to your lipstick, choose a nude or light beige lip pencil.
There are some key steps for outlining your lips so you can achieve radiant and super sexy makeup:
- Your lip liner defines the shape of your lips so it's essential that you apply it before applying lipstick. If you do it the other way around, the contour won't be as defined.
- First, start on your upper lip. Using the pencil, trace around the cupid's bow or "V" shape in the centre.
- Next, trace the contour of the upper lip from the "V" to the corners whilst creating a slight curve. Carefully do it one side first and then the other.
- Now it's your lower lip's turn. To make it easier, first mark a small line in the centre of your lip as a guide. Then trace the contour all the way around to the corners, whilst respecting the mouth's natural curve.
- There you have it! Finally, soften the lip liner a little with a small brush towards the inside of the lips. This way the applied colour will set better and will remain intact for longer.
Once you've followed these steps, you just have to apply the lipstick that you want to show off. You can apply the lipstick directly, but if you want the colour to last longer and look more intense, it is best to apply it with a specific lip brush using small touches.
As a final touch, apply a little transparent gloss, both in the centre of your upper and bottom lips, and so you'll achieve extra volume.
Outlining your lips is a great way to make them look thicker than they are, but there are other many ways that will make this same impression. If you have thin lips, it is possible to make them look bigger applying the right techniques.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Outline Your Lips, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.