How to Shape Thick Eyebrows at Home
Anyone who had gone through the history of eyebrows will notice the roller costar ride of eyebrow shape and thickness through decades. From the thick eyebrows of Queen Nefertiti of Egypt to bushy untamed eyebrows of Victorian era. The 20’s and 30’s saw straight thin eyebrows like Clara Bow and the 50’s and 60’s saw thick dark eyebrows like those sported by Audrey Hepburn. The super tweezed and extremely thin eyebrows of 90’s stars Drew Barrymore and Pamela Anderson is at present time substituted by the natural arched thick eyebrows of Cara Delevingne. If you are interested in knowing how to shape the present trend of eyebrows then keep reading this article to find out How to shape thick eyebrows at home.
Decide the eyebrow shape
While thin eyebrows makes a person look older and dull; well shaped, thick eyebrows transforms the face and makes it look younger. So, people having naturally bushy eyebrows are more blessed than their thin counterparts, these can learn how to grow thicker eyebrows. The only thing bushy eyebrows need is a well defined shape which works with the shape of your face.
- Heart shaped face: Round arched eyebrows works best with oval shaped faces.
- Square face: High arch eyebrows works well on square faces.
- Long face: Low arched, flat eyebrows works well with long face.
- Round face: High arch eyebrows reduce the roundness of round faces and hence go very well with it.
- Oval face: People having oval face are the most blessed as they can sport any eyebrow shape.
For more information, take a look at our article on how to pluck your eyebrows according to your face shape.
Waxing thick eyebrows at home
The first way to shape thick eyebrows is through waxing. Take a look at the steps you need to follow:
- At first take an eyebrow brush and comb the hairs in your brow in its natural shape. Trim the hair which appears to be longer than the natural hairline of eyebrow.
- Then take the makeup pencil and mark the highest point of arch and the point where the eye brow should end.
- Take the wax strip and align it so that the hairs outside the eyebrow arch are covered by the strip. Then press the strip over the stray hairs.
- Hold one end of the strip and pull it in the opposite direction of the hair growth. While pulling the strip do it in a quick swift motion. Slowly pulling off the strip can be extremely painful.
- Once you have waxed all the unwanted hairs from your eyebrow clean off the residual wax with baby oil. Then apply aloe based lotion over the eyebrow to soothe any inflammation or irritation.
Threading thick eyebrows at home
Another option to shape your eyebrows is threading. This is an alternative if you want a more precise technique than waxing.
- At first, take an eyebrow brush and comb the hairs in your brow in its natural shape. Trim the hair which appears to be longer than the natural hairline of eyebrow.
- Then take the makeup pencil and mark the highest point of the arch and the point where the eye brow should end.
- Before threading dab both eyebrows with powder.
- Take the thread roll used for threading hairs and break off 4 feet of thread from the roll. Take both ends of the thread and make a knot.
- Using the thumb and forefingers of both hands, hold the thread so that it is rectangle in shape. Then, wind the thread for at least ten times.
- Now stretch the thread by bringing together both thumb and forefinger. In a straight line put the winded up portion of the thread over the unwanted hair.
- Then keep the thumb and forefinger together of one hand and start pulling apart the thumb and forefinger of the other hand. This movement will cause the unwanted hair to be trapped in the winded portion of the thread.
- Now start opening the forefinger and thumb of the other hand which was together in the previous step. This will cause the hairs caught in the winded portion to be pulled out.
- Keep repeating the above steps till all the unwanted hairs are pulled out.
- Then apply aloe vera gel or ice cubes over the eyebrow to soothe skin around the eyebrow and to reduce inflammation.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Shape Thick Eyebrows at Home, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.