How to Get Jemima Kirke Style
If you want to get Jemima Kirke style you should wear vintage, boho-chic clothes, leave your hair as natural as possible, and wear statement lipstick colors.
After watching the TV series "Girls" many people wonder how to look like Jessa Johansson, the character played by actress Jemima Kirke. Since Jessa's character is inspired by Jemima Kirke's personality and life experiences, asking how to dress like Jessa Johansson is the same as asking how to dress like Jemima Kirke. What is for sure is that Jemima's style is effortlessly cool, as she manages to get away with any outfit, even wearing no make up, and still look glamorous. For those of us who require a little more planning to look so fabulous, today at oneHOWTO we have prepared a guide on how to get Jemima Kirke style, including how to dress like Jemima Kirke, aka how to dress like Jessa Johansson, how to get hair like Jemima Kirke, and Jessa Johansson make up tutorial.
How to dress like Jemima Kirke: Jemima Kirke is one of the icons of the boho-chic style. There are a few points to be taken into consideration if you want to dress like Jemima Kirke, or dress like Jessa Johansson.
- Be brave: Jemima Kirke is not afraid to mix up elements, and even wear risky outfits, she basically does not care about what fashion experts have to say.
- Do not be too led by fashion trends, she has her own style which does not necessarily fit with what's on trend.
- Natural and confident: she always looks like she nails her outfits because she is confident about what she is wearing. So, if you want to dress like Jemima Kirke, wear clothes you are comfortable with, and proud of.
- The romantic touch: many of her outfits have a subtle romantic feel, like a Renaissance painting.
- The bad girl touch: she couples romantic outfits with her tattoos, dark lipstick colors, and a general bad girl feel, so try to get a balance between romantic and the urban elements.
- Get inspiration from the 70s style: wear kaftans, hats, hippie dresses, heavy jewellery...
- Search for unique pieces: vintage or from an artisan, stay away from big brands and what everyone is wearing.
- Buy pieces while travelling: Jessa Johansson's style clearly reflects a person who travels a lot.
- Find clothes in flea markets if you want to dress like Jemima Kirke.
- Apart from Jemima Kirke clothing style, what really characterises her is her confidence, and slight arrogance, which make any outfit look right.
Now that you know the basics of how to dress like Jemima Kirke and how to dress like Jessa Johansson, let's examine Jemima Kirke clothing style in more detail.
Jemima Kirke clothing style: here are a few practical tips that will help you get Jemima Kirke style.
- Wear 2 pieces outfits like the silver long skirt plus jacket she wore at the Golden Globes.
- Don't be afraid to wear silk negligée with leather or jeans jacket.
- Kimono is your best friend if you want to copy Jemima Kirke clothing style.
- Wear oversized clothes such as maxi dresses, skirts, wide trousers and tops.
- Wear different textures, a key to get Jemima Kirke style.
- As for the shoes, she often wears high heel sandals, in winter you can opt for boho ankle boots.
Next step is one of the main characteristics of Jemima Kirke style: the hair.
How to get hair like Jemima Kirke: people who are trying to look like Jessa Johansson will surely love her long hair. The blonde, natural long hair has been a characteristic of the actress for a long time. However, in late 2015, Jemima chopped her hair off into a bob.
If you are trying to get Jemima Kirke long hair style, leave you hair as natural as possible, let it dry naturally, use minimal products such as coconut oil masks, just let your hair be. Jemima Kirke hair is mostly straight, with a few waves, and always clean. To spice things up, you can try one of the many braided styles Jessa Johansson wears in "Girls". Follow our boho braids tutorial.
The hairstyle Jemima is wearing right now is a short bob. It is chic and easy to reproduce.
As for the color, she has natural honey color hair. In the past, she also opted for pastel pink highlights that somehow worked well with her bohemian, eclectic style.
As we said with regards to Kristen Stewart, the key to Jemima Kirke look is to leave hair natural and messy, not overly groomed.
Now that you know how to get Jemima Kirke hair, let's move on to the make-up.
Jemima Kirke make-up: here again, how to get Jemima Kirke style is deeply intertwined with how to look like Jessa Johansson. Both the character and the actress wear minimal make-up, but sometimes they surprise us with very dark lipsticks.
To get Jessa Johansson make-up style, just make your skin look better with some concealer, cover your dark circles, wear a little bit of mascara, and then go heavy on the lipstick: purple, brown, vamp red, burgundy are all good colors.
The eyebrows should be left natural in shape, you can follow our Cara Delevingne eyebrows tutorial to get an idea.
Getting Jemima Kirke style is not very hard, but requires confidence and risk taking!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Jemima Kirke Style, we recommend you visit our Fashion & Style category.