How to Look Effortlessly Cool
To look effortlessly cool, you should first of all dress for yourself and not care about other people's judgements, both regarding your aesthetic appearance and your life choices. Being effortlessly cool is simultaneously unpretentious, natural, and incredibly chic. Effortless coolness can be faked: draw inspiration from effortlessly cool celebs such as Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Kristen Stewart or Jonny Depp.
Does it look hard to achieve a effortlessly cool style? It is not, actually. In today's oneHOWTO article we will give you the key to the effortless coolness. After we talked about how to look effortlessly hot, today we will give you inspiration on how to dress effortlessly cool, how to be effortlessly cool, and how to look effortlessly cool.
Effortlessly cool definition
It is important, before we go further and explain how to look effortlessly cool, that we are clear about effortlessly cool meaning.
So, the definition of effortlessly cool is more or less: something that looks fashionable and attractive and requires little or no effort.
However, of course it is not easy to describe exactly what effortlessly cool is with words, but most of us agree on what it is when we come across it. Normally, effortlessly cool people look like they just woke up and wore the first and most comfortable outfit they found in their wardrobe. But is that really true? Do effortlessly cool people really not spend time on their look? Probably, their look is actually well-thought of and the messy hair is just messy on purpose. So, being effortlessly cool is an art that can be learned.
Now that you know effortlessly cool meaning, let's move on and reveal the secret of effortless coolness.
How to dress effortlessly cool
The key elements of a effortlessly cool style are a few classic pieces such as nice sneakers, boyfriend jeans, oversize sweaters and T-shirts, sunglasses, and a non padded bra in the wardrobe. The hair should look natural and messy.
An effortlessly cool style is very simple but has an attitude, a je ne sais quoi. It is often smart casual. Since the effortlessly cool style relies on a very few items, those should be of good quality. The kind of quality that makes you wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt look better than the polished girl in front of you could ever wish for.
Let's see the elements of effortlessly cool outfits:
- Boyfriend jeans are a must if you want to look effortlessly cool
- Lace: not a lot of it, but a small lacy detail stands out from a tomboy, casual attire
- Oversize sweater: this is really important if you want to dress effortlessly cool
- A pair of classic sneakers you can wear with anything. Because looking effortlessly cool means moving comfortably and confidently as well
- Statement accessories to complete a tomboyish look
- Slouchy sweater is effortlessly cool synonym
- Lots of cord bracelets
- Simple, good quality T-shirts. Invest your money on that because you can stand out with a simple t-shirt, if it is of good quality, and if you know how to style it
- A cashmere sweater immediately makes you look effortlessly cool
- Carefully choose the jeans you like, and fit you best. Wearing the perfect pair of jeans gives an immediate effortless coolness
- A pair of black, classic sunglasses are a must
Now that you know what to buy to nail "how to dress effortlessly cool", we can talk about how to combine items, and effortlessly cool outfits.
How to nail the effortlessly cool style
The rights clothes' combination is key if you want to achieve a effortlessly cool style. You should combine top quality, simple and tomboyish items with feminine, sexy or statement pieces.
Here are a few ideas that will help you put a effortlessly cool outfit together.
- Keep it very simple, only wear one statement piece
- Tie a sweater around you waist. We don't know why, but it looks so effortlessly cool
- Combine a little dress with an oversize cardigan or poncho, if you like a boho touch
- Half tuck your t-shirt, make it look casual, that is a effortlessly cool synonym
- Roll your sleeves
- Combine branded items with cheap or vintage ones
- Aim at a slightly tomboyish look, then add a sexy detail
It doesn't actually take much to put together a effortlessly cool outfit! Now the tricky part: you shouldn't aim at looking effortlessly cool, you should be effortlessly cool. Let's see how.
How to be effortlessly cool
In order to be effortlessly cool, you should be confident, and feel relaxed and refined at the same time. You should aim at being carefree and live life to the fullest, because that makes you feel, be and look effortlessly cool.
There is no recipe to become effortlessly cool, but you can draw inspiration from people you consider to be effortlessly cool. The celebs that come to our mind are Jonny Depp, Alain Delon, Cara Delevingne, Kate Moss, Erin Wasson, Daria Werbowy, Kristen Stewart, and Girls' star Jemima Kirke. What do those people have in common? They look like they couldn't care less about what people think. They are not afraid of extremes, they live life to the fullest, and both men and women love them. Because being effortlessly cool is not about putting everything out there, it is about that natural and spontaneous sexiness that both men and women perceive.
So, if you want to be effortlessly cool, be spontaneous, enjoy life, do not care about what other people think of you. Effortlessly cool style doesn't aim to impress others, but yourself. So, if you are wondering how to look effortlessly cool, you should first of all feel effortlessly cool.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Look Effortlessly Cool, we recommend you browse around our Fashion & Style category.