How to Get the Piku Look
To get Piku look, you should wear simple, modern ethnic outfits, a big brown bag, a make-up heavy on the eyes, and natural wavy hair.
Since Piku came out, every Indian girl tried to get Deepika Padukone's look in Piku. It is not surprising, because Deepika Padukone Piku style is similar to what every Indian girl wears in her everyday life. It is so down to earth, yet chic, that there is no reason not to reproduce it. On oneHOWTO we talked about other styles that are easy to copy, Alia Bhatt's 2 States look and Deepika Padukone's look in Cocktail and in Chennai Express for example. However, no other style is so Indian and so modern at the same time as Deepika Padukone's look in Piku.
In this Piku look tutorial we will talk about: Deepika Padukone Piku outfits, Piku make-up tutorial, and Deepika Padukone Piku hairstyle so that you can reproduce Piku style in your everyday life. So, read on to discover how to get the Piku look.
How to dress like Piku
Deepika Padukone Piku outfits: the first good news regarding Deepika Padukone Piku clothes is that they are available to purchase in stores. The brand making Deepika Padukone Piku clothes is Melange by Lifestyle and the style to look for is called "Piku Melange Look". You will find lots of Deepika Padukone Piku outfits such as kurtas, wide-legged pants, Churidars with dupatta etc.
How do we define Piku style? It is modern, practical, comfortable but also extremely chic and effortlessly cool. Most importantly, it is an Indian look that one can wear for the office, to go shopping or take the children to school.
Let's now go through Deepika Padukone Piku outfits to discover how to get Piku look.
Deepika Padukone Piku kurtis
This is probably the most popular piece of clothing from the movie. She wears comfortable, ethnic tunics and kurtis in different Indian prints, as well as bold colors. She goes from cotton white kurtis to traditional fabrics, printed ones. Deepika Padukone Piku kurtis are often worn with jeans, jeggings or wide-legged palazzo pants.
Piku style dress
For the Bengali wedding party, Deepika Padukone wears a silk red and black striped saree with golden border and gold earrings. She is elegant but not over the top.
Piku style bag
She is often seen wearing a big brown leather bag. Because she is an architect, she needs space in her bag, just like all of us. Piku style bag for shopping is a light blue braided shopping bag, chic and environmental friendly.
Now, to discover how to get Piku look, we will list a few of Deepika Padukone Piku outfits to copy:
- A medium-long, panelled, black and white printed tunic kurta with palazzo pants, jhootis and a pair of earrings. Plus the usual big brown bag with a scarf coming out of it.
- Simple and stylish black kurta with a small black bindi.
- Pink kurta with jeans: informal and girly.
- Blue sweatshirt with untidy bun, in the scene in which she is surrounded by books, she looks so natural, like us at home!
- Wide grey T-shirt and untidy bun while cleaning up the house.
- Casual checked shirt with a simple top when driving his dad around.
- A white cotton kurta with hints of blue and a blue bindi.
- One of the best Piku looks is a red kurti with black palazzos.
- Black kurti with red patiala.
- Orange, blue or pink kurti with denim jeans is a popular look throughout the movie
So, Deepika Padukone Piku style basically celebrates the modern Indian women, with love for Indian fabrics, prints and traditional clothes.
Piku's favorite accessories
How to get Piku look, accessories
It is very simple to reproduce the Piku style. For the accessories, you will simply need a pair of small Jhumkas, a big brown bag, a printed scarf and big sunglasses.
The most important accessory is actually the bindi: Deepika Padukone in Piku always wears a medium size, round matching bindi, often black. Make sure your bindi matches your face as well.
We are halfway through our tutorial on how to get Piku look.
How to do makeup like Piku
Deepika Padukone Piku makeup tutorial
Piku makeup look, like Deepika Padukone Piku outfits, is particularly similar to that of an average Indian working woman. We can even spot Deepika Padukone without makeup in Piku! However, let's focus on Piku inspired makeup here.
Piku makeup look is very Indian: heavy on the eyes, with lots of kohl and natural lips.
Here is Piku makeup tutorial step by step:
- Cover up any dark circles and imperfections around the eyes because the kohl will accentuate them. Use a concealer.
- Deepika Padukone's skin is flawless, so use a foundation. Make sure you use a liquid foundation as her face is quite bright throughout the movie, not matte at all.
- Deepika Padukone eyebrows in Piku are bold and thick. Fill in your eyebrows and shape them thick with a brow pencil.
- The eye-shadow looks almost non-existent, it is only used to highlight the eyelid, so just apply some brown shades if you want, or omit it.
- The most important part of our Piku makeup look is the kohl. Apply a thick layer of kohl on your waterline, a layer on your lower lash line, and a layer on your upper lash line. Join the line on the side and smudge slightly.
- Apply a regular curling mascara, do not go too heavy on this as the emphasis should be on the kohl.
- Apply a peachy bronzer just on the cheeks.
- Apply a natural brownish lip shade.
Now you know most of the steps of how to get Piku look, there is just one step left.
How to get hair like Piku
Deepika Padukone Piku hairstyle
It is so easy to look like Deepika Padukone in Piku! For the hair you will simply need to curl the lower sections of your hair with a curling iron, or better still, simply braid your hair to create waves. Do not worry too much about the hair being perfect as Piku hairstyle is quite messy looking, or better said, natural looking!
If you prefer to keep your hair up, pull it up into a loose, messy bun.
If you want to copy Deepika Padukone Piku hairstyle from the movie poster, straighten your hair and part it in the middle.
Wasn't it easy to learn how to get Piku look?
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get the Piku Look, we recommend you visit our Fashion & Style category.