The 5 Most Effective Ways to Remove Stomach Hair
As summer approaches we start digging in our closet for the swimsuits to flaunt the perfect body. But if we have stomach hairs then we start thinking twice about wearing our swimsuits. This is because even after shaving off those irritating stomach hairs they keep growing back, and worse, they are often darker and thicker.
But don’t worry ladies and gentlemen, as in this oneHOWTO articlewill show you how to remove stomach hair without shaving.
Waxing Stomach Hair
The best thing about removing the stomach hair by waxing is that you can do it on your own instead of visiting the parlor each time. You can easily buy ready to use narrow wax strips from the supermarket. It is very simple to use, you'll just need to follow these steps:
- Apply a strip on the area of your stomach hair
- Wipe on it with the palm of your hand so it sticks firmly
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth while holding your skin tightly with the other hand to tense it, and voila! Out come the hairs. Just be careful not to do it too aggressively to prevent wax burn marks.
- Apply a moisturizer after you have waxed the area, and make sure you get rid of the sticky remnants of wax.
Once you remove the stomach hair through waxing you can be hair–free for at least three weeks. Also, with repeated waxing over time, the stomach hairs that will grow back will be less coarse and much thinner than earlier ones.
- Pros of waxing stomach hair: It will last longer than any other temporary method of hair removal and will leave your skin smooth if done properly.
- Cons of waxing stomach hair: If you have very light colored stomach hair, we advise against waxing, as it will initially re-grow thicker and will take a while until hair follicles grow weaker.
Bleaching Your Stomach Hair
If you are one of those fortunate women who has very few fine hairs on their stomach area then bleaching your stomach hair is a better option for you. Simply use a gentle bleach on the area so that your hair is light and not easily visible. If you purchase a commercial bleaching product, follow these instructions:
- If you've never bleached any part of your skin before, do a small allergy test on a small patch of skin and wait 24 hours to see if your skin reacts to it.
- Mix the ingredients as indicated on the bleaching product's package and apply a homogeneous layer on your stomach hair.
- Leave on for the time indicated in the instructions and make sure you do not leave for a longer period of time, as it may harm your skin and even burn it.
- Scrape the paste and wash with water and mild soap. Make sure you exfoliate the area once a week to prevent ingrown hairs and follicle inflammation.
For more information about lightening the stomach hair using bleach, and some other natural options, you may want to take a look at our other article on lightening stomach hair.
- Pros of bleaching: It's ideal for women who have short stomach hair that is only concentrated in a small area. It is also ideal if you don't want hair to grow back thicker or darker. The hairs will be practically invisible for as long as waxing lasts.
- Cons of bleaching: Bleaching stomach hair is not recommended if you have a darker skin tone, as it will leave the hairs looking blonde and will look highly unnatural. For women who have little hair but the hairs are quite long and visible, bleaching is not a good option either.
Depilatories / Hair Removal Creams
Nowadays there are many hair removal creams which are easily available on the market. Take a look at the steps you need to take when using this method on your stomach:
- Again, before using a hair removal cream do a patch test.
- Then, decide on the one that suits you the best and use it on your stomach hair.
- Apply the cream on the stomach area and leave on according to the product's instructions.
- After this time has passed, scrape the cream off and you'll notice how the hairs will have come loose and will also be scraped off.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
This process is fast and easy, though you'll notice how your hairs will reappear shortly and may cause irritation while they are growing.
- Pros of hair removal creams: Hair removal creams are easy to use as they can remove the unwanted hairs within minutes.
- Cons of hair removal creams: This process is quite similar to shaving your stomach hair, which is not a very good idea if you don't want your hairs to grow back within a couple of days in a darker shade and thicker, which is why it's only recommended for men who only want to get rid of their stomach hair for counted occasions.
Using Tweezers to Remove Stomach Hair
The hairs growing on yourstomach area are not as strong as those growing on our hands and legs. So, they can be easily plucked using a tweezers. Also, using the tweezers you can remove some stray hairs which had stayed even after using other hair removal methods. Follow these instructions to do this properly:
- Sterilize your tweezers to make sure you don't infect the follicles.
- Pluck in the hair in the direction of hair growth.
- Apply ice cubes directly after to reduce inflammation or an anti-inflammatory solution.
This is a good way of getting rid of any stray and difficult hairs that may appear in the area.
- Pros of tweezers: The results will last as long as waxing and is a good choice for those who have just a few unsightly hairs.
- Cons of tweezers: It's a pretty slow solution and may cause irritation of the skin, especially if you are highly sensitive.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a permanent but expensive solution to get rid of the unwanted stomach hair. If you have excess body hair then laser hair removal is a good solution for you. Laser removal works best for those people who have dark hair and lighter skin tone. But before going through the laser hair removal process its best to consult a trusted doctor as this technique involves some risks like blisters, burns, scarring, pigmentation and pain.
If you have been waxing your stomach area for a long time, then this technique will require more sessions, but it will be a much quicker process if you have been shaving or using creams to get rid of the hairs.
If you want to read similar articles to The 5 Most Effective Ways to Remove Stomach Hair, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.
- Though using a razon may seem a good idea as it's the fast solution, we don't recommend using it on this area, especially for women.