Should I Shave Stomach Hair?
Everyone has stomach hair and there are very few people who can actually claim to have baby smooth stomach skin without a single hair naturally. There are different kinds of hair growth in the stomach region of different people. Some have sparse light hairs which are hardly visible, while for some it’s a full fledged dark jungle. But there is one question which everyone thinks about when they look at their stomach hair: Should I shave stomach hair? Keep reading this OneHowTo article to know the answer.
Pros and Cons of shaving stomach hair
First of all, let us take a look at the pros and cons of shaving stomach hair, as your decision will depend on your conditions and reasons why you'd like to do so.
- Shaving stomach hair makes the skin around the stomach smooth.
- Shaving stomach hair makes you look attractive especially if you have dark coarse hair.
- Shaving hair in this region is quite easy and can be done both in the shower and outside the shower. Take a look at the most effective ways to remove stomach hair.
- For females, shaving stomach hair is a great advantage during the summer as they can flaunt their bikinis with more confidence.
- If you have shaved once then you will need to shave again and often too as shaved hair starts to grow back within some days.
- When hair starts growing back in the stomach region after shaving, it causes itchiness.
- Shaving stomach hair increases the possibility of ingrown hairs and razor bumps in this region.
Should you shave stomach hair?
Now you know about the stomach hair, we should also consider the type of hair you have, usually, women have finer and lighter hair, whilst men have more abundant and darker hair in this area.
Most women like well groomed smooth skin and for this reason they like to shave body hairs including stomach hair.
If you don’t want to shave your stomach hair often then you can choose to shave it according to your clothes. For example if you are wearing midriff baring clothes like crop top pr bikini then keep your stomach region hair free by shaving. While in those days when you don’t need to reveal the stomach you can skip shaving.
As women's stomach hair may become darker and harder with shaving, a good alternative is to lighten stomach hair instead.
While some men like to keep themselves well groomed and hair free others do not like to disturb their body hairs. Those who like their body sans hairs should shave their stomach hairs regularly. Others who want some hairs on their body can either leave their stomach hair as it is or can trim it a bit if it is coarse and dark. If you want a longer lasting solution, the best thing to do is to wax your stomach hair.
So, overall for both men and women it is a personal choice when it comes to shaving stomach hairs. Shaving stomach hair can make you look well groomed with smooth skin and leaving it as it is will make you look natural though you may have to face ingrown hair and razor bumps.
If you want to read similar articles to Should I Shave Stomach Hair?, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.