Low Maintenance Makeup Routine
Sometimes when you’re in a rush, the last thing you have time to do is your long makeup routine. Are you one of those people that don’t want to invest an entire hour in front of the mirror everyday? Well, you have come to the perfect place. Here at oneHOWTO, we bring you a low maintenance makeup routine. Not only will this routine allow for a quicker application, but it also includes fewer products and is more efficient overall.
Must-Have Products for Low-Maintenance Makeup
Here are a few makeup products that can give you a quick and easy finished look. These are some must-have products for girls who need a lazy makeup routine:
- Foundation: Foundation works wonders to even out your skin tone and cover up any spots and imperfections. It is a perfect product for a low-maintenance makeup lover. The reason for this is because you can dab it onto your face quickly and get a glowing face within seconds, no makeup brush needed!
- Concealer pen: Concealer pens prove to be both an easier and faster product on the market. A dab-concealer, for example, need to be applied with a brush or fingers, while a concealer pen can be applied directly. This instant product, allows your to cover any dark circles or skin spots in seconds.
- Tinted moisturizer: When you don’t have time to carry out a lengthy makeup routine, a double-duty product like a tinted moisturizer is the perfect thing for you! A tinted moisturizer will give you both a healthy natural glow and also serve as a perfect base for other makeup products. In addition, it will give you the much needed hydration that your skin needs.
- Eyeshadow stick: When you need to makeup your entire face in under 10 minutes, you can’t afford to mess around with a bunch of colors and techniques, specifically when it comes to your eyes. Instead, we suggest using an eye-shadow stick. These sticks allow you to apply the product in one fell swoop.
- Eyebrow pencil: Eyebrows can play such a strong role in sculpting your face, so don’t miss this step! Not only is it easy, but it is also very quick to do! Just grab an eyebrow pencil and fill in your natural eyebrow gaps!
- Mascara: You won’t believe how wonderful you can look by simply applying a coat of mascara onto your eye lashes. Use a curler to curl your eyelashes followed by a coat of mascara. You can find mascara in different colors, but the most common are black and brown.
- Lip moisturizing balm + color: If you’re not one for heavy lip makeup or simply don’t have time to apply it with a mirror, we have the perfect solution for you! A lip color balm can add a tint of color to your lips, at the same time keeping them smooth and hydrated. You don’y even need a mirror to apply it.
- Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is a gift to any girl who has no time to shower! Although it doesn’t replace regular shampoo, it can remove the appearance of grease, and add volume to your hair. It is quick and easy to use, leaving your hair with a shiny glow!
Tips for Low-Maintenance Makeup
Here are a few quick and easy no-effort-needed makeup tips:
- Complete your entire skincare routine with a face wash and sunscreen. Wash your face every morning and night. In addition, apply sunscreen every time you go outside. If you have discolored patches on your skin, it is most likely due to the loss of your skin’s ability to protect itself from the sun.
- Complete your makeup collection with a brow brush, mineral powder, mascara and a lip balm. Girls who religiously follow a makeup routines always look polished. But investing such time in makeup everyday is not everyone’s cup of tea. Therefore, mineral powder will help even out those discolored patches on your skin. A brow brush will be sufficient in keeping your eyebrows controlled, mascara will give a polished look to your eyes and lip balm will prevent your lips from chapping.
- As far as hair care is concerned, avoid heat as far as possible. When it comes to hair, we recommend avoiding too many dyes, heat products and chemical-based hair products. In order to avoid heat, plan your shower in such a way that you have enough time to let your hair air-dry naturally instead of needing to blow dry it. There are also some product-less and heat-less products that you can use to accentuate your hair’s natural texture. For instance, if you have silky, straight hair, you can braid it. If you have wavy hair, consider making a: top-knot, bouncy ponytail or pull it back with a cute hair clip. If you have curly hair, leave them lose or tie your hair into a single side braid. Whatever type of hair you have, learn to embrace it and make the best use of it without applying unnecessary heat and chemicals.
If you want to read similar articles to Low Maintenance Makeup Routine, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.