How To Grow Hair Faster With Coconut Oil
If you are struggling to get your hair to grow out properly, this is probably due to several factors. There are several reasons that could explain why your hair is not growing at a normal or fast speed. These factors include a diet poor in vitamins and minerals, overexposure to sunlight and other external agents, use of dyes or other chemicals and poor hygiene in your capillary system. All this will can up damaging your hair fibers and, consequently, can effect your overall hair growth.
However, there are natural and economic products that, with constant use, can help your hair grow strong and healthy again. One of the most popular and effective is coconut oil, which has numerous properties that will improve both the appearance and growth of your hair. In this oneHOWTO article we aim to show you how to grow your hair faster with coconut oil.
Benefits of coconut oil for hair growth
Coconut oil has been a very popular natural remedy for hair, thanks to its nutritional composition. Coconut oil contains the following properties that, in addition to the accelerating of hair growth, can also provide us with other hair benefits:
- It has excellent antibacterial properties that help us prevent and eliminate excess dandruff and other hair problems.
- It is rich in essential fatty acids, including lauric acid and capric acid, which help to repair damaged hair and prevent breakage which result in split ends.
- It also contains linoleic acid which has moisturizing properties that help the speed up hair growth and, at the same, aid to maintain elasticity.
- It has a high content of antioxidants, which will protect the hair from free radicals and other harmful agents , in turn, improving its softness and shine.
- It contains vitamin E and K and minerals such as iron, which are essential nutrients for the growth of healthy hair.
How to apply coconut oil to accelerate hair growth
To grow hair with coconut oil, you simply have to purchase 100% natural coconut oil in its solid state and follow this simple step by step:
- Fill a glass with coconut oil and then pour it into a saucepan to simmer until it melts. Avoid using the microwave, as it could burn the product.
- When you have coconut oil in liquid form, wetten your hair with warm water.
- Now apply the coconut oil throughout your hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Once your hair is fully covered, massage your hair between 3 and 5 minutes so that the coconut oil penetrates better the hair properly.
- Next, wrap your hair, either with a shower cap or towel and let the product act for 1 hour. You can also leave it overnight while you sleep.
- Once the time has passed, rinse your hair liberally with warm water until the coconut oil is removed.
- Finally, wash your hair normally with shampoo.
For the coconut oil to provide its best results results,we suggest performing this procedure once or twice a week.
3 home remedies with coconut oil for hair growth
There are other home remedies that, when combined with coconut oil, have also proven to be very effective in naturally accelerating of hair growth.
Rinsing coconut oil with lemon juice
Lemon has powerful restorative properties that are ideal, specifically for damaged hair which isn’t growing properly.
For this natural remedy, you should you only need 1 glass of coconut oil and one full lemon. Stir until even. Once you have the mixture, only apply it to the scalp giving it a light massage and let it rest in your hair all night. The next day, rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water to properly remove the product.
Coconut oil and avocado mask
Avocado is a fruit with various essential nutrients for hair growth that, in addition, also has moisturizing and regenerating properties that deeply hydrate hair fibers and prevent hair breakage.
To prepare this mask, you must heat 1 glass of coconut oil and mix it with 1 ripe avocado until it forms a kind of paste or mask. Then, apply this paste throughout the hair, focusing on the scalp, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and wash your hair thoroughly.
Coconut oil with castor oil
Castor oil is commonly used for weak and damaged hair and to prevent hair loss, because it has powerful moisturizing and circulatory properties.
To make this recipe, mix 2 tablespoons of this oil in 1 cup of coconut oil, and stir well. Then, apply it to your hair and let it sit for two hours. Finally, rinse your hair with cold water and wash your hair like you normally would.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Grow Hair Faster With Coconut Oil, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.