How To Stimulate Hair Growth
Does your hair grow very slowly? There are many causes of slower hair growth, ranging from stress to poor nutrition. If you want to show off drop-dead gorgeous hair, it is essential that you follow a hair care routine that will help your hair to look full, hydrated and in perfect condition. In this oneHOWTO article we give you a series of tips and tricks that will help teach you how to stimulate hair growth naturally and very effectively.
There are many factors which can cause your hair to grow more slowly. You can discover what they are here, so you understand them better and then find the perfect solution for them:
- Experiencing periods of stress, anxiety or unease
- Following a poor diet full of fatty products and with few nutrients
- Poor blood circulation causing poor oxygenation of the scalp's pores
- Abuse from using harmful products such as hair dryers or straighteners
- Tobacco and alcohol also make hair grow slower because they release toxins that prevent good blood circulation
In order to stimulate hair growth, you firstly need to use hair care products that are natural and free of chemicals. This is complicated, given that shampoos sold in most supermarkets are well-known brands that use chemicals. It is best to choose natural products and if that is not possible, choose a line of cosmetics that cares for your type of hair (if you have dry, oily, colored hair etc.).
If you usually dye your hair, OneHowTo recommends you choose natural dyes or home remedies to help you achieve the tone you want, in order to maintain healthy hair. One of the best options is to dye your hair with coffee or walnuts, a natural ingredient that colors hair whilst causing the least damage possible.
A very effective way of helping to stimulate hair growth is to gently massage your head every time you take a shower. This type of massage increases blood flow to the scalp , so achieving more effective growth. It is recommended that you do it whenever you shower. Additionally, dedicate 5 or 10 minutes to this massage once a week using essential oils that are optimal for hair growth such as amla oil, coconut or olive oil.
In this OneHowTo article you'll discover how to use castor oil for hair growth, which will also help to keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
Another trick for stimulating hair growth is to brush it often, at least 3 times every day. By doing this, the blood flow is activated and more nutrients reach hair roots, making them stronger and healthier, so your hair grows more. However, not all brushes work as there are some that can spoil hair and can make it break. Natural bristle brushes are the most suitable.
Another good way of encouraging hair to grow faster is by rinsing it in cold water whenever you shower. Hairdressing experts recommend this as cold water seals hair cuticles, making it grow visibly faster. This will also make it appear shinier and smoother.
In addition to specific treatments for hair, hair growth also depends on nutrients that you absorb from your daily diet. There are a number of vitamins which are highly recommended for better hair growth. Two of the vitamin must-haves are:
- B1 is the best vitamin that you can take to improve the health of your hair and to stimulate growth. Many products contain this nutrient because it adds shine and thickens hair follicles. Pistachios are rich in this vitamin.
- Vitamin C strengthens hair and makes it fuller. This nutrient is especially important for people who have damaged hair with split ends. Vitamin C is most abundant in oranges.
Aside from these two foods, there are others that help ensure the hair's health is maintained in good condition. It is important to recognise which ingredients you should include in your diet to naturally stimulate hair growth. Here are some of the most suitable:
- Eggs are rich in biotin, a component which helps to combat hair loss, in addition to keeping it strong and healthy.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, etc. are vegetables that contain many nutrients which strengthen hair. They also contribute to the creation of sebum and therefore, help with your hair's natural hydration.
- Nuts, particularly walnuts, are the best for strengthening hair, increasing density and encouraging hair growth. Peanuts and almonds are also a good alternative.
Rosemary is one of the best home remedies to stimulate hair growth. This plant is a natural ally for preventing hair loss as it stimulates blood circulation and capillary hydration. To benefit from everything rosemary can offer for your hair, you need to prepare a treatment using these ingredients:
- A handful of dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
Heat the oil mixed with the rosemary leaves and boil together for 10 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool and strain it, keeping just the oil. When it's a warm temperature, you can apply it onto damp hair, massaging it into the scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it as you would normally.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Stimulate Hair Growth, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.