How to Use Castor Oil for Hair
Is your hair falling out? Is it damaged, weak or prone to flakes of dandruff? Well, castor oil is the answer to your problems. Used for centuries, this ancient beauty product is full of essential elements such as omega 9 fatty acid, which improves the condition of hair and follicles. It also has ricin oleic acid that is an effective antibacterial and anti-fungal that eliminates any fungus or bacterium that inhibit hair growth. In addition, castor oil, restores our hair, hydrates and stimulates circulation follicles. It is important to know how to use it well in order to benefit from all its qualities. In this article at OneHowTo.com, we will explain how to use castor oil for hair.
Apart from knowing how to use it, it is important to know all the beneficial properties it provides. Below we explain how castor oil works:
- It promotes hair growth, preventing any hair loss.
- It stimulates the scalp, as well as the circulation of follicles.
- It nourishes the hair and restores it (improving its appearance).
- It hydrates hair and gives volume.
- It reduces dryness.
- It progressively suppresses split ends.
- It untangles knots.
- It strengthens and adds thickness to hair.
- It provides light and shine.
- It improves overall hair health.
- It is effective against dandruff.
In our article on What are the cosmetic benefits of castor oil, you can learn of its benefits to the skin. We also wrote and article on how to grow thicker hair with castor oil.
Using castor oil is simple:
- It is advisable to prepare your scalp prior to treatment. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo, towel dry and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now, with wet hair, apply a little oil to your hand and massage into hair.
- Massage from root to tip, careful not to use too much, because it can be difficult to remove.
- Wrap your hair in a towel (making a turban is a good idea and is also comfortable).
- Leave the oil in your hair for at least 20 minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water and shampoo. As we said before, because of its density, you may have to apply shampoo twice.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a week for 6-8 weeks to notice some impressive results.
Another option is to apply castor oil before going to bed and leave it on overnight. If you resort to the second option, do not forget to place a towel to prevent oil from staining your bed.
If you really want to stimulate the growth of your hair, use oil, castor oil that is raw, as it has a greater amount of nutrients and is more effective.
If you find the thickness of the castor oil difficult to manage, dilute the oil with some other lighter oil. Coconut oil, apricot oil, sweet almond oil or any other can help spread the castor oil more effectively. You can take advantage of the qualities of these other oils to choose the best option for your personal preferences.
Another important factor that you must consider is how to apply it. Use the fingertips only; nails can damage your scalp. There are those who also use a brush to apply castor oil in the hair.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Castor Oil for Hair, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.