How to Choose Eyeshadow According to Your Eye Colour
When many women find an eye shadow colour or makeup trick that makes them look more attractive and radiant, they cling to it and find it hard to try new things. However, it is important to know that some features, such as the shape and size of your eyes will determine which makeup or eyeliner you need to use. And not only the shape, if you take the colour of your eyes into account, for example, you can find eyeshadow shades that can look great and help you to enhance your beauty. In addition, this will be a good opportunity to show off many new looks that are different from usual. Pay attention to the tips in this OneHowTo article as we'll explain how to choose eyeshadow according to your eye colour.
Eyeshadows for brown eyes
Brown eyes are the most common colour whether they are darker, lighter, hazel or honey. Some eyeshadow shades that will enhance their beauty and emphasize them more are the following:
- Shades in the same colour range: dark brown, chocolate, earth, or beige, are ideal for natural eye makeup, but will not help to highlight your iris colour.
- For evening or party makeup, there's nothing better than golden or coppery shades, perfect for hazel eyes and those with green flashes.
- It's possible to achieve a more intense look with shadows in shades of purple.
- If you want a more natural look and want to make your eyes appear brighter, then pink tones are the best choice.
- Honey-coloured eyes are lighter and very beautiful, and you can embellish them by opting for aubergine or bronze shades.
- For those who have very dark brown eyes that are almost black, silver and cobalt blue shades are very flattering.
- Black is an ideal tone for emphasising a look. Smoky eyes or a smoky eye effect can be a great alternative for dazzling everyone with stunning evening makeup.
As well as this, you can find out more in our article on makeup tips for brown eyes.
Shades for green eyes
Green eyes offer many makeup possibilities. Deep eyeshadows can greatly enhance the colour to show off a superbly striking look, whilst more muted tones show a simple and natural makeup. Take note of which are the most flattering shades for green eyes:
- Just as with brown eyes, if you want a great natural daytime look, we recommend wearing shades in the same colour range. You can choose from emerald green and khaki to darker green shades with brown flashes, although the latter are more suitable for bright green eyes.
- To emphasise your eyes and enhance their green colour, the best option are purple shadows, especially the darkest shades.
- Besides purple, other colours that enhance green irises best are lilac, plum, burgundy and marsala tones.
- Tones that are a reddish orange are also very flattering for green eyes.
- To bring light and depth to your eyes, metallic shades of gold and copper are a great choice.
Do you want to see more tips like these? Don't miss our article on makeup tips for green eyes.
Shades for blue and grey eyes
If you have blue eyes, you can show off a wider and lighter range of colours , but there are still certain shades of eyeshadow which can enhance them and make your face look more beautiful. Discover which are the best shades for them and make the most of this incredible eye colour:
- Grey tones and the full range of blue tones are very flattering for simple, natural makeup.
- To give more intensity to your look and show off amazing makeup at night, there's nothing better than black or dark grey eyeshadows.
- Bronze, golden, brown and beige tones are also a good option for emphasizing blue eyes and giving them more depth.
- For a complete contrast in order to show off a bolder look, you can try shades of yellow, orange, peach or purple.
- Are your eyes grey or tend towards this color? The most flattering shades for you will be dark grey, black, dark blue, purple and nude. Nude tones also bring out grey eyes, making them stand out beautifully. Go on, give it a try!
Find out more in our article on makeup tips for blue eyes.
Tips for applying eyeshadow so it lasts longer
Once you've learnt how to choose shadows to match your eye colour, we recommend you apply the following advice when applying them so that they stay intact for longer and do not vanish in a matter of minutes.
- Before applying your eyeshadow, brush a thin layer of concealer onto the eyelid.
- You can skip this trick if you have a primer or pre-base for eyes, as this product is especially designed for making eyeshadows last longer.
- Apply the eyeshadow by gently patting it onto the eyelid with the help of a specific eye brush. Avoid spreading it out or rubbing the product onto your eyelid.
- You can buy water-resistant shades that last longer.
- When you have finished applying your eyeshadow, seal it by using a brush to apply a light layer of translucent powder all over the face, including the eyelid area.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Choose Eyeshadow According to Your Eye Colour, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.