How to Look Taller Without Wearing High Heels
Are you short and want to look taller but do not want to wear high heels day after day? In that case, you should know that with a few simple fashion tricks you can look taller without the need to resort to high heels or platforms shoes. When choosing these tips, we've made sure they will maximize your confidence - and most important of all, without hurting your feet.
Stay with us at oneHOWTO and discover how to look taller without wearing high heels. Read on!
Our first tip to look taller without wearing high heels is quite obvious, but we all need a reminder every now and then. Watch your posture and walk upright, keeping your back completely straight and your shoulders back.
This is essential to give off a more elegant vibe, but also to look taller. If you usually walk with a hunched back and slumped shoulders, you'll notice the different immediately - and your back bones and muscles will thank you.
Besides your posture, your clothes will be your best ally to look taller without wearing heels. You only have to select the garments well. One of the best celebrity tricks to look taller is opting for monochrome "total looks".
With a total look, you'll look taller and more stylish on top of that. In order to enhance the visual effect, choose dark shades such as black, steel gray, dark brown or navy blue. Luckily, these are also the best colors for special occasions and formal events, so you won't go wrong.
If you want to walk comfortably with flat shoes, you can consider the following tips on the kinds of trousers and skirts that will make your legs look longer and more slender:
- Opt for short or mini skirts, as long and midi skirts visibly shorten the figure and make you look even shorter.
- Wear skinny or straight cut trousers, ensuring that they reach your ankles to enhance the length of your legs.
- Go for high-waist trousers and skirts.
- Wear trousers and shoes of the same color.
Avoid Capri pants, that is, mid-calf trousers, because they take away height and emphasize the width of the hips visually.
In order to look taller, you should also pay attention to your shirts and tops. Note the following tips:
- V-necks, whether in dresses, sweaters, shirts, blouses, or t-shirts, are ideal to enhance the vertical visual effect.
- Wear jackets and blazers at the length of your waist, avoiding surpassing the hips.
- Garments with vertical stripes are ideal to stylize and elongate your figure. However, horizontal stripes will be your worst enemy, widening and shortening your silhouette.
- Garments that fit snugly to the body are better choices for short women than those that are loose and wide. Of course, you should select this type of clothing depending on whether you feel comfortable with tight clothes or not.
As you can see, there is no need to put on high heels every day to look taller. If you want to choose shoes that help you gain some inches, though, you can select more comfortable options such as low-heeled shoes or wedges, which will not hurt your feet as much.
Your best choice are nude shoes, that is, shoes the same color as your skin tone, which will lengthen your legs.
Hair is also a powerful tool to look taller. Your best option will be a short bob or medium bob. When you want to change your look, there's nothing better than a high bun, French twist, ponytail, or any updo that collects volume on top of the head.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Look Taller Without Wearing High Heels, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.