What Is Body Cavitation Treatment?
Body cavitation treatment makes use of low frequency ultrasound to target fat cell membranes with a strong ray of pressure. The structure of fat cells cannot tolerate this pressure and they disintegrate into liquid form. The ultrasound waves create vibration within the layer of the fat, which the cells structure cannot withstand and cell membrane quickly break down. People who have as much as 3cm of fat can benefit from this treatment and achieve a well-toned body. When used with fat reduction techniques, body cavitation treatment may produce incredible results. Here at oneHOWTO, we will give you complete information about what is body cavitation treatment, along with its other related details.
How body cavitation claims to work
During the body cavitation treatment, membranes that are required for the survival of fat cells are disrupted. You will even hear a buzzing like sound in your ears during the procedure. Fat cells usually comprise of triglycerides. When exposed to a strong pressure wave, they disperse into liquid between the fat cells, and travel to the liver through the lymphatic and vascular systems as part of the natural metabolic process. Since the liver cannot identify the fat coming from body cavitation, it processes it using the normal mechanism of the body. However, the results may vary, depending on the person’s age, family history and skin type.
Benefits of body cavitation treatment
Body cavitation is one therapy that is said to work quickly in eliminating extra fat and inches around your waist, back, thighs and buttocks. In addition to the aesthetic effects, here are some other proposed benefits of using this procedure:
- It is versatile: this procedure can be applied on almost any part of your body where you are carrying excess fat. Common spots of treatment include thighs, back, buttocks and abdomen. Some specialists also handle smaller areas like your upper arm and chin.
- It is non-invasive: body cavitation treatment does not require any surgical intervention. So, there are no bandages, blood or anesthesia involved. The procedure largely relies on strong frequency sound waves and does not cause any physical trauma.
- It is natural: ultrasonic waves are applied in the areas to break down fat cells, without affecting the surrounding tissue. Once the fat cells turn into liquid form, they enter your bloodstream and leave your body through natural metabolic processes.
- It is painless: you don’t experience any pain or discomfort during or even after the procedure. All you will feel is a gentle warm sensation as the waves work their way across the skin.
- It is safe: sound waves are commonly used in a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. There are virtually no risks involved, as compared to other fat reduction procedures that need surgical intervention.
- It is fast: for best results, you need to go through 6-8 sessions performed once a week. Each session takes only 30-60 minutes, which means that you can quickly use your lunch-hour to get it done during the working day. There is no down time either. All you need to do is to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- It is easy: to get the best benefit from body cavitation treatment, you need to drink lots of water, eat healthily and maintain a mild exercise program. Visit regularly for your treatment sessions and let the experts do the rest.
- It provides immediate results: you may start noticing the results immediately after the very first session.
- It is effective: when you are not able to lose fat with exercise and diet, body cavitation treatment may provide the most effective results. The procedure can be used to reshape your body, eliminate cellulite and get the figure that you always longed for.
Side effects of body cavitation treatment
Although body cavitation treatment is so good and effective, there are a few side effects to consider:
- If you are using the treatment on your abdominal area, you may experience some diarrhea like condition for a few hours.
- Some people report a weathering kind of feeling in their abdominal area.
- Toothache if you have a metal teeth filling.
- Depending on your skin sensitivity, your skin may get bruised due to contact with the equipment.
- Some people feel a little buzzing or ringing sound in their ears during the treatment.
Who should not try body cavitation treatment
Since it is not known whether it affects the fetus or not, it is not recommended to be used by pregnant women. According to certain studies, sound waves may affect the unborn child’s hearing capability and immune system too. Since mother’s milk gets its required nutrients from her body, toxins may leach into breast milk and enter the baby’s body while breastfeeding. So, it is not a recommended procedure for breastfeeding mothers either. Women going through infertility treatment should also avoid this procedure.
Body cavitation treatment is also not suggested to people who are less than 18 years of age. Hormones of adolescents are still going through significant changes. Their fat deposits are not permanent, as their body is still developing and growing. So, a it is only recommended for adults.
Other than this, people who have the following conditions are also not recommended to go through body cavitation treatment:
- Heart disease
- Skin problem
- Kidney or liver problems
- High cholesterol levels
- Malignant tumors
- Metal implants or prostheses
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Physical shortcomings or malformations
- Psychiatric or psychological condition
All in all, body cavitation treatment is a safe and effective procedure for all, but you should avoid it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have any of the above health conditions or if you are on a long-term treatment with anticoagulants, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics or antihistamines. Women are not advised to go through this procedure in the abdominal area during menstruation, as it may lead to increased bleeding.
Before and afer body cavitation treatment
Before you think about going for a body cavitation treatment procedure, you should be living a moderately active lifestyle and you should be eating a healthy regular diet. One week before the treatment session, your lipo specialist will advise you to drink at least 8 cups of water every day. Sufficient fluids are required to process the extra triglycerides and fat in your body so that they can be released with the procedure.
Avoid alcohol consumption, as alcohol may limit your liver’s functionality that is going to play a significant role in processing the released substances. Also avoid getting tanned, as it may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the ultrasonic waves used during the treatment. After the treatment as well, you should continue drinking lots of water and exercising regularly to process substances released during the treatment.
Is body cavitation treatment effective?
The effectiveness of cavitation treatment has been understandably called into question. Like every treatment which claims to remove fat easily, the desire for the treatment to work is often greater than its actual efficacy. However, there have been some studies carried out to evaluate cavitation treatment. One such test was used to treat obese patients with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) as there may be complications due to the two conditions being together.
One study was carried out on the effectiveness of cavitation as a non-invasive treatment for lipomas, benign tumors made from fat tissue. The study found that after the first treatment, the lipomas were reduced by approximately one quarter in all patients treated in the study. Another study looking at the treatment for patients with obesity also found some positive results.
However, although all the studies show the merits of this treatment, they are also inconclusive. They all recommend further study to prove its benefits and to ensure the reduction of harm in terms of side effects.
Body cavitation treatment may be an effective weight reduction and body shaping procedure which is less invasive and complicated than others. If you eat healthy and live a moderately active lifestyle, if you are not pregnant or breastfeeding and if you are 18 years of age and do not suffer from the listed health conditions, then you can go for this procedure without thinking twice. If you have fatty body areas that don’t respond to exercise and diet, then body cavitation may be a feasible option to consider. It is a non-invasive process that helps release extra fat cells while using ultrasonic waves.
It is not, however, a winder cure. It is only an aid to help remove certain fatty tissue areas in the body. If you think you can carry out the treatment, eat unhealthy, do no exercise and still lose weight, you will be disappointed. The treatment is more for cosmetic purposes and should be treated as such until the scientific evidence can conclusively prove otherwise.
If you want to read similar articles to What Is Body Cavitation Treatment?, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.