Are Hip Dips Attractive?
The first thing you might be wondering may be, what are hip dips? Hip dips are inward depressions along the sides of the body just below the hip bone. Hip dips are also known as violin hips; specifically because they replicate the shape of the sides of a violin. Hap dips carry indentations that make your hips look as if they have an inward curve.
Hip dips are a natural structure of human body. However, in some people, they are barely noticeable, while in others, they can be more prominent. Many women don’t like their hip dips and often want to get rid of them, but it’s important to remember that with or without them; a body is beautiful, and women are catching on! Women all around the world are posting pictures of their dip hips to flaunt them; and we’re in complete support. Here at oneHOWTO, we want to answer your question; are hip dips attractive? with a Yes! For more, keep reading.
Are hip dips natural?
Yes! Hip dips are completely natural! Hip dips occur in the area where your skin is attached to the deeper part of the bone on your thighs. This bone is called the trochanter. Depending on the distribution and amount of muscle and fat in that area, these indentations may appear less or more noticeable in certain individuals. The width of hips and the shape of pelvis also play a key role in making your hip dips more or less prominent. Hip dips may also become more apparent when you wear certain kinds of clothes.
So, don’t worry! Everyone has hip dips, the only difference is that in some bodies it is more visible than in others. Embracing your body can at times be difficult, we understand that. But the time it takes to work on this is completely worth it. For more, take a look at our article on; How to feel good about your body.
Are hip dips bad?
Many people have grown up with a hatred towards their hip dips. Ideally, feminine beauty, ‘‘according to’’ society’s extremely high standards, corresponds to an; hourglass, curvy figure with a narrow waist, big butt and awesome hips.
Violin hips supposedly ‘‘obstruct’’ this ideal. The fact of the matter is, no one has the exact same body and everyone is different. Embracing what you have, be that hip dips or no hip dips; is what people should in fact strive for, body positivity. Hip dips are not bad, hip dips are normal. In fact, the hip dips you may so easily notice are most likely not even very noticeable to others. And even if they are noticeable, hip dips are a beautiful characteristic which should be embraced.
Learning to love yourself
Patience, number one, is the most important thing when learning to love yourself. If you follow social media, specifically if you have Instagram, do yourself a favor and search #bodypositivity. In recent years, thanks to women all around the world, a community has grown and women are learning to embrace their; stretch marks, cellulite, hip dips, and what where previously considered ‘‘body flaws.’’
Over the last few years, media and celebrities have been glamorizing hip dips and declaring that there is nothing wrong in them: because there isn’t! Many people are paying homage to their hip dips, rightly so. Thankfully the question; how to get rid of hip dips? is morphing into: how to accentuate my hip dips.
The most important thing we recommend doing when learning to love yourself, is be kind. One way of doing this, is treating yourself how you would treat others. For more about learning to love yourself, take a look at;
How to get rid of hip dips
You cannot get rid of hip dips, this is how your body is built and changing fat distribution or bone structure is nearly impossible. However, as we understand it is a process, we have collected are a few practical tips which can help you reduce hip dip visibility, if you really want to;
- You can avoid wearing clothes that are too tight for you, as well as low waistbands that tend to cut your figure into two.
- You can wear tops that are longer or those that have more flow.
- Try loose fitting clothes, such as ruffled dresses, A-line skirts or dresses etc.
- Some women opt for compression underwear.
- Sticky hips can be excellent options to fill up your hip dents. They are simple to use, as they have an adhesive backing that you can simply stick in your underwear. Some panties also have pockets that can hold up your hip padding.
- There are certain exercises which can be useful in helping get rid of hip dips; giving you a more rounded body shape. Although they may not work for all, sometimes they can bulk this area up and fill those gaps. Targeting the gluteus maximus may add volume to your entire butt area and give you a lifted and more rounded shape. Some exercises may include; side lunges, clamshells, band abductions, curtsy lunges, glute bridges, deadlifts, hip thrusts, squats and split squats.
If you want to read similar articles to Are Hip Dips Attractive?, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.