How to Lose 3kg or 7 Pounds in a Month
Have you put a little weight on? Don't worry because at oneHOWTO we'll show you how to lose weight fast in an effective and healthy way so you can stop it from creeping back on. You don't need a strict diet, just make some changes in your eating habits to make your diet healthier and low in fat . In this article you will find how to lose 3kg or 7 pounds (lbs) in a month and in such a simple way that you will barely notice it.
5 spread-out meals
Let's start with the basics: to lose three kilos or seven pounds, first you need to reorganise your eating habits. Have 5 meals a day spread out as follows:
This food schedule is essential to stop feeling hungry between meals, to avoid snacking and also to activate our metabolism letting us burn fat frequently throughout the day. Of course, during the day, the amount and the type of food you should eat, changes: think of our body as a machine that does not need the same amount of 'fuel' as it does early in morning when you have your whole day ahead of you, compared to at night when you are just going to bed.
It is best to have bigger meals full of carbohydrates earlier in the day and, from the afternoon onwards, have less fatty foods and a light dinner to avoid your body storing the fats. At OneHowTo we show you how to make a light dinner.
Snacking is what makes us put on weight. It is the hardest habit to kick as we usually don't snack because we are hungry but out of habit or anxiety instead. Therefore, in order to avoid snacking it's best to plan your 5 meals at the times we mentioned earlier. This way, you will reduce how hungry you feel.
Another way to avoid this is to always have healthy snacks with you, so you won't give in to your cravings for a bar of chocolate or a bag of crisps. The best thing to have is a piece of fruit or some non-fat yogurt to fill you up and reduce your cravings. You can also have some fat-free soft cheese triangles that can fill you up without fattening you up. Superfood snacks will ensure you won't get to the next meal hungry and give you the energy you need.
How we cook our food is also very important to help us lose 3 kilos (or however many lbs you want). The trick is to cook without oil or use very little, so you can't have fried or breaded foods, and rely on healthier recipes that are tasty. To keep up good cooking habits, we recommend that you look up some light recipes and use the ones you like, so that you won't get bored of eating the typical dishes such as grilled chicken breast and can try out delicious flavors that have very few calories.
Cut down on sugary drinks and alcohol. The calories in these drinks are extremely high because these products don't have any nutrients but yet, they are high in sugar and calories. Packaged juices, soft drinks or alcoholic drinks are best avoided if you want to lose weight. If you're used to drinking them, have sparkling water or flavored water instead as they taste similar without having the same calories.
Drink 2 liters water
Drink lots of water throughout the day. In fact, you should drink about 2 liters of water every day to help detox your body, eliminate fluid retention and have a healthier body. So make it a part of your diet and drink water even when you're not thirsty. One trick to do this is to always keep a bottle of water handy (at work, at home watching TV, while cooking...) and you will see how, without even noticing, you can increase how much water you drink.
Avoid simple carbs
Eat complex carbohydrates but in moderation. There are many myths about eating carbohydrates that say that this type of food produces sugars that, if not burned quickly, will become saturated fat. But that does not mean you have to ban yourself from eating them, you just have to remember some key tips to get the most out of their benefits and reduce their calories:
- Eat carbohydrates early in the morning since this is the time when our body needs more energy and it will turn the sugars in this food into energy. It is also good to get your energy back after doing exercise, but avoid eating them at night.
- Switch to wholegrain carbohydrates. Unlike white carbs which don't have any nutritional value, wholegrain ones give us fibre and allow fat to be absorbed slower so that you don't burn them off as quick. Wholegrain bread, pasta and rice are better to have and won't make you gain weight.
- Say goodbye to simple carbohydrates. Cut out all pastries, sweets and processed pasta to lose weight. These are foods that don't have any nutritional value but are high in fat and calories.
Sport is a must
Do sport regularly. You don't need to go to the gym every day but if you want to quickly lose 3 kilos (kg) or 7 pounds (lbs), it is important to make these changes to your diet along with doing exercise, so that you will see faster results. Go jogging, join a dance class or go for a bike ride; whatever you do, the trick is to lead an active life to burn calories and make sure that what you eat, does not end up accumulating inside your body.
Make sure you exercise for at least half an hour five days a week, leaving two alternate days to let your body rest. If you want a complete workout plan, take a look at our article on the best exercises to lose 7 pounds.
See our example meal plans below to help you lose weight fast. However, as mentioned earlier, it is best to accompany these new eating habits with regular exercise for more noticeable and longer-lasting results.
- Option 1: Roasted turkey slice on wholemeal bread, tea or coffee (use skimmed milk if needed)
- Option 2: Fruit salad, oatmeal cereal and a glass of pure orange juice
- Option 1: skimmed yogurt with oatmeal
- Option 2: a piece of fruit and an tea
- Option 1: mixed salad, grilled chicken with lemon and an infusion
- Option 2: vegetable soup, wholegrain pasta with veggies and an infusion
- Option 1: seasonal fruit
- Option 2: skimmed yogurt with fruit
- Option 1: boiled spinach and baked hake
- Option 2: vegetable soup and chicken burger with light cheese
If you want to read similar articles to How to Lose 3kg or 7 Pounds in a Month, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.