How to Remove Blackheads from the Nose
Blackheads are very common in areas of the face such as the nose, an area where grease and dirt tends to collect. These impurities appear when excess oil clogs a pore and appears dark as a result of the oxidation that occurs when in contact with the surface. Worst of all is the fact that it makes the skin look bad. It looks neglected, dull and not at all pretty. However, with some simple measures and suitable lotions, they can be eliminated completely. Read this OneHowTo article to find out all you need to do to remove blackheads from the nose.
Blackheads are impurities that tend to occur more frequently when skin overproduces sebum or when it is not cleaned enough or in the correct manner. It is for this reason that one of the most important steps to prevent its occurrence is to perform a good skin cleansing routine twice a day - morning and evening.
We recommend doing so with an antibacterial gel cleanser and with plenty of cold or lukewarm water. Next, applying a facial toner will help close open pores on the face and prevent them from clogging, which is what causes these blackheads to form.
Exfoliation is essential for removing blackheads from the nose or any area of the face, as well as preventing the emergence of new ones. This removes all dead cells, dirt and oil accumulated in the open pores.
You can purchase a commercial face scrub or make a homemade version yourself. Limit use to once or twice a week to avoid damaging the skin structure. For maximum effectiveness, we recommend applying a scrub in the areas to be treated when you're in the shower with wet skin. Also, use circular, smooth movements for a few minutes. Then, remove with warm water and that's it!
Below, we'll show you some of the most effective home treatments you can try to eliminate this type of skin impurities, to leave your nose smooth and perfect. However, for these to be successful, before applying to the face, our advice is to take a few minutes to steam open the pores.
How do we do this? It's simple - just heat water in a bowl or pot until it boils, remove from the heat and wait a few minutes to avoid burning yourself. Then place it over a hard, flat surface such as a table. Bring your face closer to the pot and cover your head with a towel so that the steam cannot escape. Stay in this position for about 10 minutes for the steam permeate the face and for all the pores to open and to release the sebum and the oil.
Once you have completed the above steam treatment, it's the perfect time to apply one of the following lotions or homemade masks to remove blackheads from your nose permanently from the nose area:
- Water and bicarbonate of soda: Add 2 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with water and stir to form a smooth paste. Cover your nose with this mixture, massage the area in circular motions and leave on for 10 minutes. Finally, rinse with cold or lukewarm water.
- Salt and milk: mix a dash of milk with 2 tablespoons of salt until you get a grainy paste. Use it as a exfoliator on the nose to get rid of blackheads and pimples.
- Chamomile, lemon and sugar: mix a little chamomile tea, 2 tablespoons sugar and a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Apply the resulting lotion to the nose area and massage in a circular motion for a few minutes.
In pharmacies you can find popular strips or bands for cleaning pores,. These are great for removing these impurities from the nose because the results are instantaneous. If you wish, you can also make your own at home following the recipe detailed below:
- In a bowl, mix powdered gelatine and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds.
- When slightly cooled, apply a little of the mixture on the nose with a brush. Make sure that the blackhead are well covered.
- Wait about 10 or 15 minutes for the paste to dry and then remove it firmly by pulling from one end, as you would for shop-bought versions.
Take a look at our article on how to make homemade pore strips if you'd like to know about other pore strip recipes for blackheads.
Other tips to keep in mind to prevent blackheads from remaining on your face are:
- Remove make-up from the face every day before going to sleep.
- Avoid touching your face frequently.
- Dry your face with towels that are clean.
- Keep well hydrated skin both externally and internally, so it is essential to drink plenty of water during the day.
- Regularly change the pillowcases to prevent the spread of bacteria.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Remove Blackheads from the Nose, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.