How to Make Homemade Pore Strips
Are bothersome blackheads dimming your beauty? If you do not know how to win the battle against this type of impurities in your pores, pay attention to this oneHOWTO article. We have a home beauty treatment that may be the solution to this aesthetic problem. Surely you've heard of or ever tried the famous pore-cleansing strips or bands sold in pharmacies and specialized shops. Below we'll show you a simple way of creating your very own, which will leave your skin radiantly smooth, soft and beautiful. Take note and discover how to make homemade pore strips to remove blackheads.
Before showing you this homemade recipe, be aware of some very useful and healthy skin tips that will help you to prevent the appearance of unsightly blackheads. Such impurities are produced as a result of excess sebum that clog pores and, to prevent this from happening, the following is essential:
- Clean your face daily at morning and night using a facial cleansing gel that is antibacterial. Rinse your face with warm water and finish by applying a facial toner, an ideal product for closing pores.
- If your skin is prone to blackheads, you should moisturize with creams or lotions that are oil free.
- Remove make-up every night before going to sleep, which is essential to leave the skin free of impurities, to promote its regeneration and prevent blackheads.
- Exfoliate the face once a week at least to remove dead cells and prevent impurities.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands constantly.
If blackheads are visible in some areas of your face such as the nose, try the first version of homemade pore strips, as explained below. You'll be able to get rid of these impurities quickly and effectively.
- 1 tablespoon of neutral unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon skimmed or semi-skimmed milk, thus avoiding making skin oily.
- a container for mixing
- a spoon
- a brush or eyeshadow brush. It is important that the latter is thoroughly cleaned before use, since tit could otherwise transmit bacteria to the face.
- When you have everything ready, can start preparing the strips. Take a microwave-safe container and add a tablespoon of powdered gelatin and milk. Stir both ingredients with a small spoon until you get a smooth and seamlessly integrated mix. Then stir vigorously until the mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Add a little more milk if any lumps remain.
- Then pop the container into the microwave and let it warm up for a 10 or 15 seconds; this will be more than enough time. Wait for it to cool a little but not too much as it should be used swiftly, before the mixture hardens excessively.
- And there you have it! The next step is to simply apply the homemade strips to remove blackheads in areas of the face that are invaded by these impurities. We recommend that you use a brush for precision, but you can also do so with a clean finger. If you opt to use a brush, dab it into the paste and spread it on the skin so that you leave a thick layer on the blackheads, covering them completely.
- Wait for the paste to dry on the face for about 10 or 15 minutes. When you see that it is completely dry, take the strip by one end and pull firmly in the same way one would use those sold in pharmacies.
- Finally, when you have finished removing the strip, rinse the facewith cold or lukewarm water and apply a little moisturizer to nourish the skin and leave it well moisturized.
It is important to observe how your skin reacts to the application of this beauty treatment; if your skin becomes irritated, starts itching or burning, avoid using it again. Consult your dermatologist or doctor in if in any doubt.
Another classic homemade pore strip is the egg white strip, which is much easier that the gelatin strip. Why is it so efficient? You can imagine the stickiness of egg once it's dry, but you should know that egg whites are also incredibly beneficial for your skin, as it has astringent properties, which means it will help tighten and close your pores.
To make these pore strips, follow these instructions.
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 eggs
- Tissue paper
- Carefully separate the egg white from the yolk and discard the latter.
- Add the teaspoonful honey and beat thoroughly until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Soak the tissue paper in the mixture.
- Apply on the area of your face that you desire.
- Leave the paper on for around ten minutes.
- Take off the strips and rinse with lukewarm water.
Again, make sure you use your moisturizer in order to help your skin re-hydrate.
Want to discover other natural treatments that will also help eliminate blackheads? Good choices include bicarbonate of soda, oatmeal, sugar and lemon, salt and petroleum. To learn how to use every one of these products, we recommend the following articles:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Homemade Pore Strips, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.