How to Make a Homemade Face Scrub for Acne Prone Skin
Each skin type has its own needs, however if there is a delicate dermis, is the one that has acne. Acne produces inflammation, redness and discomfort, which is why we must be careful with the products we use to avoid making the problem even worse. At the same time we must provide the necessary nutrients to maintain and ensure our beautiful faces, darlings.
Exfoliation is most certainly very beneficial for any type of dermis, especially for those suffering from raging and nasty acne, so we can use some surprise products that allow you to control oil and remove dead cells effectively. Do you want to know which alternatives you should choose? Keep reading because in this article on oneHOWTO we explain How to make a homemade face scrub for acne prone skin.
Benefits of exfoliating acne prone skin
Exfoliation is most certainly very beneficial for any type of dermis, especially for those suffering from raging and crusty acne. It removes all the nasty dirt and those dead cells that forms piles of cell graveyards across your delicate skin. Exfoliation destroys them and so your skin is beautiful and glowing once again.
If you've got acne all over the show, then is most definitely the treatment for you and your tired skin:
- Stimulates the creation of new skin cells, which makes your dermis appear much healthier to those around you.
- Hides the appearances of those foul and unsightly scares caused by acne attacks. The process of eliminating dead and rotting cells helps to also limit and tone down those drab and hideous marks, scabs and scratches.
- Helps to get rid of that disgusting nest of oozing pus that lurks beneath the skin. It also helps to reduce the onset of blackheads on your dermis.
- If we use the right ingredients, we will be free from all the sloppy fat and grease that slides over the skin, blocking pores and causing even more skin problems. It's time to fight back!
How to exfoliate an acne prone face
- Always wash your face before applying any natural or commercial scrub.
- Preferably with a wet face, apply the scrub by dabbing with upward circular movements. Never apply the product with brute force or you'll irritate the skin.
- You should use a sponge to rub the exfoliating stuff in there thus ensuring a much better effect.
- Remove with cold water to help close the pores.
- Apply the scrub 1 or 2 times a week. It is important not to overdo it to allow the regeneration of new skin.
Scrub with baking soda for acne prone skin
Sodium bicarbonate is one of the most recommended materials to exfoliate the skin with acne-killing ingredients. This product provides deep cleaning without irritating or damaging the dermis. It magically reduces the presence of fat and it can also help reduce the redness of your skin when you're out and about like a little scout. Furthermore, it is an economic ingredient that can easily be found in any supermarket or decent retailer.
To prepare this homemade face scrub for acne prone skin you need to mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a little water to make a thick paste. Apply it gently by slapping and rubbing it into the skin. Give it a minute and then wash off with cold water. Initially your skin may redden a little, you just have to let it get used to this amazing product,if this is the case you should choose to exfoliate at night. Take a look at our article on how to make a bicarbonate soda face mask for more detailed information and recipes
Use coffee to revitalise your tired face
The coffee has multiple skin benefits, helping to provide a more youthful and revitalized appearance due to its content of antioxidants, helping to eliminate dead cells and helping to control fat on the face. All this makes it a great choice to exfoliate any skin that is infested with acne.
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee.
- 1 tablespoon of honey - it?s an excellent anti-bacterial product that will help control the proliferation of acne.
Mix everything and apply it on your skin with gentle circular movements. Remove with fresh water and notice how your dermis looks much more healthy and beautiful.
Sugar scrub and lemon to fight grease
Among scrubs for acne, sugar could not be left out! It is an ingredient commonly used to remove dead skin cells, making it also a great treatment for those who are suffering from horrible bouts of acne. When combined with lemon, you've created an astringent natural product which also helps combat excess fat on the skin.
You will need
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- The juice of a small lemon.
Mix into a paste, apply it on your skin with gentle circular movements and let it all stand for 5 minutes to get the lemon properties to penetrate your face, then remove with fresh water. If you have open skin lesions, you can replace the lemon with honey. That will help them heal and it also controls the proliferation of harmful bacteria.
Salt as an ally to promote healing
Salt is perfect to help the acne to dry up and to heal better, while it also serves the body as it controls the presence of bacteria that can cause infected outbreaks. So it is one of the best scrubs for acne, however you should not apply it when there are open sores in the skin or it will cause you great discomfort and pain.
To develop this alternative, simply mix a tablespoon of salt with a little water into a paste, apply it all in gentle circular motions and then remove with fresh water.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Homemade Face Scrub for Acne Prone Skin, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.