How to Make a Turmeric Face Mask for Acne
Turmeric is a magic spice that not only adds flavor and color to your food, but also gives a whole lot of health and skin related benefits to individuals. Turmeric works great to improve your complexion and fight against a number of skin related problems, including acne, dark spots, skin redness, pimples, etc. Making a turmeric face mask and applying it on your face on a regular basis can be highly effective in getting rid of acne and achieving a flawless skin. Read this oneHOWTO article to know how to make a turmeric face mask for acne.
Why is turmeric so good for skin?
Turmeric is a great antibacterial agent that is highly effective in healing small burns and cuts, treating wounds, and keeping bacterial infections away. It gives a natural glow to your skin, and works as a great exfoliator. If you apply a turmeric face mask daily on your face, it will be helpful in slowing down the growth of hair on your face too. It is a great herb to keep your skin looking fresh and young, and its antioxidant properties work wonders to stimulate growth of new cells, keep the skin elastic and intact, and prevent skin aging. If you have skin discoloration or pigmentation, then turmeric face mask will be effective in lightening skin pigmentation and evening out the skin tone. Turmeric is helpful in keeping acne at bay and even healing it and its spots.
Before making the turmeric face mask, read about how to remove turmeric stains from skin.
Turmeric and yogurt face mask
This turmeric and yogurt face mask is perfect to make your skin shine when it's dull. It's also great to slow down the aging process and has an anti-inflammatory effect, getting rid of any redness or swelling in the face produced by acne.
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Remove whey from yogurt and put it in a bowl.
- Add raw honey and extra virgin coconut oil to it.
- Now add turmeric powder to the bowl and mix well.
- Keep mixing it until the paste becomes lump free and achieves a smooth consistency.
- Apply this face mask on your clean face, let it dry and then wash off.
Turmeric and sandalwood face mask
The combination of turmeric and sandalwood makes it a great combination for a turmeric face mask for acne, it's great to have beautiful, youthful and glowing skin. Apply once a week for best effects.
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp sandalwood powder
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- Little almond oil
- Mix sandalwood powder and turmeric powder in a bowl, add chickpea flour to it and pour a little ghee or almond oil to it.
- Add a little water as per requirement, and mix well to make a paste.
- Apply this face mask, let it dry and then rinse off with water.
Did you know that you can also stop hair growth with turmeric?
Turmeric face mask for acne with water
Last but not least, this face mask for acne will help get rid of any excess oil on your skin thanks to the addition of Fuller's Earth clay and will aslo get rid of any skin cells. This is an amazing combination for very acne-prone skin.
- 1 tbsp Fuller’s Earth (multani mitti)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh water
- Take the multani mitti and turmeric powder in a bowl, and add fresh water to it as per requirement.
- Mix well to make a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Apply this paste on your face, keep for 15 minutes and wash.
Turmeric face mask with lemon and aloe vera
Though it may be a little more complex, this face mask will help get rid of acne marks and scars that may appear on your face. Apply once a week too.
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp curd
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 2 tbsp carrot juice
- 1 tbsp radish juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp almond oil
- 2 strips of saffron
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients properly
- Keep mixing until the paste becomes smooth and lump-free
- Apply this mask on your face, let it dry for 15-20 minutes, and then wash off
You may also be interested in How to make face masks for acne prone skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Turmeric Face Mask for Acne, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.