How to Remove Turmeric Stains from Skin
There are several ways to remove turmeric stains from skin, different methods can work for different people. Some of them are milk, coconut oil, and a water and sugar scrub.
There are different reasons why you might want to know how to remove turmeric powder stains from skin. If you just cooked with turmeric, and you accidentally stained your hands, you might want to know how to remove turmeric stains from nails. If you used turmeric as a face beauty treatment, or for hair removal, you might want to know how to remove turmeric stains off face. If you are an Indian bride, you probably want to remove it from all over you! We will give you an answer for whatever turmeric staining problem you might have. First, we will talk about the benefits of turmeric for skin, then we will explain how long does turmeric stain skin, and finally, oneHOWTO will reveal tested methods to remove turmeric stains from skin.
Benefits of turmeric for skin
Apart from the health benefits of eating turmeric, this delicious spice is excellent for your skin too. Turmeric has been used on skin for thousands of years: in Japan, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka. In India, brides-to-be are covered in a mixture of turmeric, sandalwood, gram (chickpeas) flour and mustard oil a few days before getting married. The same tradition is performed in Indonesia. The purpose is to make the bride look more beautiful. But what are the benefits of turmeric for skin?
- turmeric is anti-inflammatory, so it helps with psoriasis and eczema.
- turmeric for skin is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, so it gets rid of the acne bacteria as well as candida yeast.
- one of the benefits of turmeric for skin is that it evens out the skin tone and gets rid of dark marks on skin.
- turmeric on skin prevents wrinkles.
- turmeric speeds up the healing of scars and burns.
- turmeric brightens skin.
- it inhibits hair growth.
- the most important benefit of turmeric for skin is that it makes the skin glow. It is an excellent beauty treatment.
Anyone can benefit from turmeric on skin. Depending on the benefit you want to get from turmeric, you can mix it with besan, milk, lemon, orange, jojoba or coconut oil, as well as some water to form a paste.
For a glowing skin mask, simply mix turmeric with honey, which also has benefits for the skin.
Two things to bear in mind if you want to use turmeric for skin are: never mix it with baking soda or your skin will become super dry; and, using whole turmeric that you grind yourself gives best results.
The benefits of turmeric for skin are amazing, aren't they? But you don't want to paint your face yellow. So, below we are going to answer such questions as: does turmeric make your skin yellow? does turmeric stain skin? And finally how to remove turmeric stains from skin.
Does turmeric stain skin?
Are you worried that turmeric will make your skin yellow? Here is the whole truth about turmeric staining skin.
First of all, does turmeric stain skin permanently? Absolutely not. Turmeric will fade away and wash off sooner or later; sooner than later of you know how to remove turmeric stains from skin.
Does turmeric stain skin? Yes it does temporarily stain skin, but the degree and permanence of the stain will depend on what kind of mixture you use and how you remove it. Organic turmeric does not stain skin, which means the yellow color coming from it is very easily removed from skin. What really stains skin is the artificial turmeric we often use. So, if you want to know how to remove turmeric stains from skin, first of all you should use organic, pure turmeric. Another factor that influences turmeric staining skin is what you mix it with: milk and coconut oil will prevent turmeric from staining your skin, so that is what you should mix it with if you are worried of turning yellow. Yet another thing you can do to get the benefits of turmeric for skin without staining is to use kasturi turmeric (curcuma aromatica) which is specifically for the skin and does not stain.
How long does turmeric stain skin? Given the fact that Indian brides use turmeric on skin right before getting married, do you think they would do it if it would stain for long? Actually, organic turmeric, especially if used in combination with coconut oil or milk, can be completely removed from the skin within 5 minutes. If the turmeric you buy is mixed with artificial coloring it might take longer to wash off, maybe one or two days.
Does turmeric make your skin yellow? As we said, it can temporarily make skin yellow, depending on its purity. However, sometimes, when people take curcumin supplements, they excrete it through their sweat glands, making some parts of the skin, as well as clothes, yellow.
Now that you know in which way turmeric stains skin, let's reveal how to remove turmeric stains from skin.
How to remove turmeric stains from skin
If you want to remove turmeric stains from your skin, you should first of all know that there are different ways to do so, and different methods work best for different people, also depending on turmeric quality. Here are the most efficient ways to remove turmeric stains from skin and nails:
- Cow milk: if used together with turmeric to form a mask, it will prevent turmeric from staining your skin. After using turmeric for skin, If you dip a cotton ball in milk and rub your skin with it, it will cancel out the stains.
- Coconut milk is another liquid used to remove turmeric stains from skin fast. Rub it with a cotton ball.
- Coconut oil is another efficient way to remove turmeric stains from skin and nails.
- Apple cider vinegar will also work for both skin and nails.
- For a stronger way to remove turmeric stains from skin, try with baking soda and lemon juice.
- If you want to know how to remove turmeric stains off face, here is the best method: mix some water with organic sugar to form a paste. Spread it all over your face and massage with circular movements. Then wash off. You will not only remove turmeric stains off face, but your face will also be clean, scrubbed and glowing.
One last tip is not to scrub too hard, otherwise you will irritate your skin and loose the benefits of turmeric for skin. Let us know if those methods worked to remove turmeric stains from your skin.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Remove Turmeric Stains from Skin, we recommend you browse around our Beauty & Personal Care category.