How To Lighten Hair With Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is a daisy-like plant which can be used to naturally lighten hair without causing damage. Do you want natural locks but don’t want to use chemical dyes that weaken hair fibers? well, you have come to the right page. However, it is important to know that this method works better for lighter hair. If used on darker hair, results may not be as successful.
In this oneHOWTO article we give you all the clues and keys on how to lighten your hair naturally with chamomile.
Chamomile for hair: benefits
Chamomile is a therapeutic plant that also contains beneficial properties for hair. This plant can help repair dry and damaged parts of hair, as well as reduce excess fat on the scalp and fight dandruff. Chamomile contains the following composition that favors the lightening of hair;
- Chamomile contains apigenin and azulene. Apigenin is a natural yellow pigment that penetrates the hair fibers giving them a more yellowish coloration. Azulene, of violet hue, acts to neutralize yellow coloring. This results in lighter and more golden hair.
- In addition to the above, it also adds an extra shine and luminosity.
- It is a totally harmless and natural treatment that does not damage hair like that of chemical dyes.
Chamomile for the hair: before and after
Next we have to ask, who can use this hair treatment? Although both blonde and brunette hair will achieve a lighter shade if chamomile is used, the fact is that results will appear stronger in lighter hair, such as in blond or natural light chestnuts. In the case of very dark hair, it is necessary to be a little careful, since chamomile pigments may end up creating an unflattering orange hue. Therefore we do not recommend this treatment for people with dark hair.
In addition, it is also important to bear in mind that effects of chamomile on hair can be enhanced when we expose ourselves to the sun, since UV radiation increases during oxidation of hair pigmentation.
Chamomile tea hair lightening overnight
There are several ways in which we can use chamomile to lighten the hair, but one of the simplest and most effective ways is by making chamomile tea. We will then use this tea as a capillary rinse. Follow the steps below;
- 5 chamomile tea bags of
- 2 cups of water
- shower cap
Preparation and application
- Boil water in a saucepan and when it has reached boiling point, pour it into a tall glass or plastic container.
- Put the chamomile bags in the boiled water and leave to rest for a few minutes until the infusion cools.
- Remove the chamomile bags from the water.
- Next, apply the infusion on the areas which you want to lighten, eg: if you only want lighter tips, only place the infusion on the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to enhance the effects of heat treatment.
- Wait about 30 minutes, rinse and wash your hair as usual.
How to lighten hair with chamomile tea and honey
Lemon and honey are also great natural ingredients known to lighten hair. Adding lemon and honey to the chamomile mixture will add extra moisture and protection the the hair.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 or 2 tea bags of chamomile
- 1 lemon
- 2 small spoons of honey
Preparation and application
- Boil water in a saucepan and, when it has boiled, add the chamomile teabags.
- After a few minutes, remove the sachets and add the honey.
- Then squeeze lemon juice into the mix.
- Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Apply the preparation on the specific parts you choose and leave on for 15 or 20 minutes before washing.
For better results, dry your hair in the sun. If this is not possible, cover your hair with a shower cap, this will help to enhance and simulate the heat that you would otherwise receive from the sun.
How to lighten hair naturally overnight: chamomile shampoo
You can find numerous shampoos on the market that include chamomile as a main ingredient . These shampoos also promise to help you obtain a lighter hair color. However, here we offer you a semi-natural, cheaper and longer lasting solution. Here is a recipe for homemade chamomile shampoo:
- 1 cup of neutral shampoo
- 1/2 liter of chamomile tea
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Prepare the chamomile tea and pour it into a bottle.
- Add the shampoo and honey, cover the bottle and shake vigorously so that all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Use this shampoo to wash your hair, leaving it to act for about 2 minutes before rinsing.
How long does it take for hair to lighten using chamomile?
The time it takes to lighten hair with chamomile depends on the person and their hair. Therefore, there is no specific answer to this question, it depends.
However, we do recommend not overusing these recipes. Yes they are natural, but they can dry or weaken your hair if overused. Therefore we recommend using these chamomile hair treatments twice or once a month, depending on the quality of your hair.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Lighten Hair With Chamomile Tea, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.