How to Darken Hair without Dye
Dye is an effective method for changing your style and give a new look to your hair. However, dyes can really damage your hair, as they contain many chemical products you can be allergic to. If you do not want your hair to lose its natural oils and look dry, stringy and very damaged, try this home remedy. On oneHOWTO we show you how to darken hair without dye. With this natural remedy you will avoid using chemicals and your hair will look strong, healthy, shiny and spectacular.
How to darken your hair with coffee
Coffee is one of the best ingredients to darken hair without dye. It is a pretty simple procedure and offers a chemical-free solution for hair darkening:
- Remember to put in triple the amount of coffee you normally use, to make it extra strong. Once the coffee is made, let it cool.
- Wash your hair as you normally do. Use the same shampoo. Then, rinse with water.
- Next, pour the prepared coffee on your hair. Repeat this process two or three times and make sure your hair is well covered and soaked with coffee.
- Once your hair is full of coffee, leave it for 15 minutes or so. Then rinse with water and you will see that your hair will be darker. It's as easy and quick as that
Did your know you can dye your hair purple without bleaching? Learn how in this article.
How to darken your hair with tea
You can also do the same process to darken hair without dye using strong black tea. However, once applied on the hair you have to leave it on for an hour before rinsing. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Boil thee black tea bags with two cups of water in a saucepan
- Leave it to brew for at least five minutes or until the tea cools down a little.
- Apply from the roots of your hair and leave the solution on for one hour.
- Rinse with warm water.
If you want to color your hair dark blue, here we show you how to do it without bleach.
How to darken your hair with sage
Another home remedy is mix one cup of dried sage with boiling water. This will be a great way to cover white hair without bleach. Follow these easy instructions to darken hair and covering those annoying grey areas too.
- Add three teaspoons sage for every teaspoon of water. Make as much as you need to cover your hair.
- Boil the water and let it brew for 10 minutes.
- Let the liquid sit for 8 hours and then apply it to your hair.
- When the mixture is dry, remove it with water.
- Repeat daily for efficient results.
For other methods, take a look at our article on how to use sage to darken grey hair.
How to darken your hair with cocoa
To maintain the dark color of your hair, you can mix your regular shampoo with ground bitter cocoa. Regular use will help keep the dark color of your hair longer. You will have spectacular dark hair! Take a look at this recipe to darken your hair naturally:
- Mix two spoonfuls of water per spoonful of dark organic cocoa
- Stir until you get a thicker paste.
- Apply to your hair from the root with your fingers
- Leave it on for around 20 minutes.
- Repeat daily for best results
Another great way to darken your hair is using Indigo or katam, although that is permanent.
How to darken your hair with henna
- Mix the pure henna paste with the amount of indigo dye until you get the perfect dark shade you want.
- Apply on your hair and leave it on for 5 hours.
- Rinse with water.
- After 72 hours have passed, repeat the procedure and leave of 5 more hours.
- Rinse but do not use shampoo to wash your hair for at least 48 hours.
There are also a few semi-permanent, henna-based coffee color hair dyes available in the market, which should be less damaging than normal dyes.
How to darken your hair with black walnut powder
If you're looking for a very dark natural hair dye, then the mixture of black walnut powder and black tea is perfect for you. Take a look at the recipe.
- Add one quarter cup of black walnut powder, one black tea bad and boil in three cups of water.
- Leave to steep for 6 hours at least.
- Rinse your hair in the shower with the solution and dry in the sun.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Darken Hair without Dye, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.