How To Get Rid Of Lower Back Fat
When it comes to love handles, there is little to love about them. They are excess fat deposits which pool around your lower back and waist. Yes, they can be cute and you don't need to be model thing to be healthy and attractive. However, they are also one of the signs of health conditions related to obesity such as diabetes. It's possible also that you have been eating well and working out to get your desired shape, but getting this lower back fat region can be tricky. If you want to target your lower back area to burn fat, you will have to follow a combination of diet and the right exercise. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out how to get rid of lower back fat to see how it's done.
Eat The Right Foods
Lower back fat is something which will fill out differently on different people. For some, you might be able to get rid of other fat deposits, but for some reason love handles and belly fat seem almost impossible to eliminate. Part of this might be because of your natural body shape, so don't overdo something which is a healthy part of your body.
However, fat deposits in different parts of your body can have specifically related health concerns. Fat mass on the lower back has a correlation to lower back pain intensity and can even be related to series disability. If lower back fat is not removed, then this back pain can lead to disk degeneration which is very painful thanks to its proximity to the spinal cord.
There are certain foods that actually work miraculously to reduce your lower back fat. This means incorporating them into a healthy balanced diet. To see those inches reduce include more:
- Oat bran is made from out husk of oats and is extremely rich in both fiber and protein. Instead of sloshing syrup or sugar in it, make it healthier by enjoying it with cinnamon and low-fat milk.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants and carotenoids. They prevent calories from converting into fat. Rich in vitamin A, B6 and C, they also give you extra energy you can use to workout in the gym.
- Shredded wheat contains little sugar and a lot of fiber, being one of the healthiest cereals available. Make sure not to get the frosted kind with needless sugar added.
- Black rice has less sugar, more of fiber, vitamin E and antioxidants. Due to this, they allow less fat to be stored in your body.
- White tea is known to boost breaking down of fat and prevent formation of fat cells. It is also rich in antioxidants that let fat release from the cells and accelerate liver’s capability to convert fat into energy.
- Black beans contain phytochemicals that encourage your body system to burn fat and use it like fuel.
- Corn tortillas are rich in fiber and deliver very low calories and fat. Great alternative to wheat flour bread.
- Jerusalem artichokes are the roots of sunflowers which are very rich sources of fiber. They also contain oligofructose which suppresses appetite and feel fuller for longer.
- Avocado is rich in fiber and monounsaturated fat which is healthy for your heart. Don't eat guacamole with lots of salt and mayonnaise added.
- Chickpeas fight fat, build muscle and give you a full serving of required fiber.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in proteins, fiber, potassium and zinc, helpful in losing fat and building muscle.
- Frozen peas give you enough protein and fiber, and make you feel full for longer
- Raspberries are powerhouses nutrients and are one of the best sources of insoluble fiber. They feed healthy bacteria inside your gut and reduce inflammation that causes fat accumulation in your body. They also increase ghrelin in your body, a hormone which controls your hunger.
- Oysters are the best sources of zinc which work with the leptin hormone to regulate your appetite.
- Dark chocolate has antioxidants which prevent excess weight gain and also lower blood sugar levels. Gut microbes ferment chocolate and turn it into anti-inflammatory, heart-healthy compounds.
- Spa water is ice water containing sliced lemons, oranges and grapefruits. The peels of citrus fruits present in it are great sources of limonene that stimulate your liver enzymes and help your body to get rid of toxins and excess fat.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E, fiber and monounsaturated fats, all of which work together to fight obesity and tone muscles.
- Quinoa is a complete protein that contains the complete amino acid chain required for fat loss and muscle building. It is also rich in lysine, an amino acid which helps in burning fat and maintaining healthy skin and bones. Betaine chemical present in quinoa is helpful in reviving your metabolism and shutting down genes which cause fat to accumulate.
- Grapefruit - eating half grapefruit before your meal can actually enhance your body’s performance to burn fat.
- Walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats that activate your genes to enhance insulin metabolism and prevent fat storage.
- Tuna is a great weight loss fish which turns off your fat genes and prevents the fat cells from increasing in size.
- Omega-3 Eggs are enriched eggs laid by hens that feed on chia seeds, fish oil and flaxseeds. Great to help you slim down in all areas, including that which accumulate on the lower back.
Do Some Target Exercise
In addition to eating these fat burning foods, you can target your lower back area by doing some target exercise. It is not easy to do this as stored fat actually produces a protein which makes it even harder to reduce fat, regardless if it is in the lower back or any part of your body. Some of the best exercises to get rid of love handles are:
- Bridge: This is a great exercise to build your butt, thighs and back, but pregnant women should never try this.
- Plank: Planks are known to build the core, but they are equally effective in working your back and sides. They are all-over exercises that are helpful in losing overall fat by pulling around your core muscles and building strength.
- Side Plank: Side planks directly target your love handles while working out your thighs and lower back. Work on both sides to strengthen your back and remove lower back fat.
- Superman pose: It is a great exercise to burn your back fat, build strength and improve core strength.
- Dorsal Raises: If you have a weaker back and feel pain while carrying a backpack, then this is the best exercise for you. In addition to losing love handles, you will also feel muscles building on your back after this exercise.
- Scissor Leg Lifts: This exercise works on your abs and improves your lower back also.
- Cat to Camel Stretch: You can call it yoga instead of a physical exercise. Doing this will build back muscle and at the same time stretch them to let you cool down after a workout. That’s why it is best to do this exercise at the end of your exercise session. It will not only build your back muscles, but will also improve flexibility and ease your neck pain.
Lifestyle Tips to Get Rid of Love Handles
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. According to a research, drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday is a necessity for healthy living. It not only keeps you active and energized, but also reduces your hunger and keeps you fuller longer. Water gives you all the necessary moisture to stay hydrated and keep glowing. Drinking water is also beneficial for your skin, nails and hair too.
- Sleep is very important to lose body fat as well, especially if you are targeting your love handles. When you do not get enough sleep, your hormones lose balance and they start interfering with your body’s natural weight loss process. If you are under-rested, you will not lose weight, no matter how hard you try and how healthy you eat. Your metabolism will slow down, your appetite will increase and you will lack energy. Under such circumstances, you will crave more high fat and high carb foods which will be counter productive in losing weight. So, every night, take at least 7-8 hours of sleep without any disturbance.
- Eat complex carbohydrates before and after your workouts, as these are the best times for your body to convert them into energy rather than storing them as fat. Try to take several small meals through the day, as doing this will not let you feel hungry and make you feel full all the time.
- Cutting alcohol consumption alone can actually bring some reduction in your love handles. Do you know even a single glass of wine or a beer contains more than 100 calories? So, keep your alcohol consumption to a minimum, not exceeding more than 10 drinks in a week.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Get Rid Of Lower Back Fat, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.