How to Clean Eyelash Extensions at Home With Baby Shampoo
There are a lot of fancy products out there to clean your eyelash extensions at home. However, did you know you can do this with baby shampoo? Not only is it effective, but it is also safe for you and your extensions as it doesn't hurt if it goes into your eyes.
In this oneHOWTO article we're going to show you how to clean your eyelash extensions at home with baby shampoo. We'll also use common items you can find in your home or make up bag. Keep reading to learn how to clean your eyelash extensions minimally at home!
What you will need
To clean your eyelash extensions with baby shampoo, you'll need a couple of other items. Thankfully, these are all easy to find at home or in your make up bag. For this tutorial, you'll need:
- Small bowl
- Soft towel
- Baby shampoo
- Clean eye brush
- Clean spoolie brush
- Optional: eyelash dryer fan
Make sure everything is clean as we we're working near our eyes and need to be very careful in order not to infect or hurt our eye. The baby shampoo is perfectly safe for you to use near your eyes. Simply make sure you buy a good baby shampoo with no harsh chemicals. Then, you'll want to make sure the brushes, bowl and soft towel you'll be using are all clean.
You may also be interested in our article about how to clean false eyelashes for reuse at home.
How to clean eyelash extensions at home
Now that you have your items ready, simply follow our simple steps to wash your eyelash extensions at home with baby shampoo:
- Wet your clean eye brush with water
- Put a drop of the baby shampoo into the bowl.
- Slowly add water to the shampoo with the eye brush and keep mixing it until you have a foamy consistency.
- Now it's time to start cleaning your eyelash extensions. Use the same eye brush to gently scrub and go through your eyelash extensions.
- Now it's time to wash the shampoo off of your eyelashes. Start at the base of your eyelid and go up, removing all the shampoo and residues. You can use your fingers as you clean your eyelashes over the sink, or you can opt for a clean and soft towel.
- Grab your clean spoolie brush and start brushing off your eyelash extensions.
- Lastly, you can allow them to air-dry or, if you have one, use an eyelash dryer machine to make things easier and quicker.
Some people also like to moisturise the skin around their eyes after washing their eyelash extensions but that is up to you. We also encourage you to watch the video below if you want to see how it is done.
How to keep eyelash extensions clean
If you're opting for eyelash extensions we're sure your trusted eyelash technician has told you about the importance of keeping your eyelash extensions clean. You don't want to know about the horrors of eyelash and eye infections that can happen if you don't maintain basic hygiene around your eyelashes, especially when wearing fake eyelashes installed with semi-permanent lash glue.
This is why it's so important to keep your eyelash extensions clean. Here are some other tips to help you maintain good hygiene when having eyelash extensions:
- Clean your eyelash extensions using our method above every day or every other day. If you have oily skin or wear heavy makeup you will need to clean them everyday.
- Brush them everyday using a clean spoolie brush. This will also maintain their hygiene and make sure that they eyelashes that are about to fall won't fall into your eye.
- Maintain good skin hygiene and care as this will affect your eyelash extensions.
- Contact your eyelash technician if you experience any abnormality or discomfort with your extensions.
If you also use false eyelashes, we encourage you to check out our article about the different types of false eyelashes and how to choose the best one for you.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean Eyelash Extensions at Home With Baby Shampoo, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.