How to Apply Makeup with your Fingers
Foundation is the key product for makeup that looks perfect, smooth and radiant. For this reason, in addition to knowing how to choose the right color for your skin tone, you should also know how to apply it to your face, so you can achieve a natural look with no artificial lines or excess that ends up spoiling the final result. There are several ways to apply makeup and various tools that can be used for this purpose, which offer a somewhat different finish and coverage. In this OneHowTo article, we'll teach you how to apply it by using the most basic of all practices: to apply makeup with your fingers. Do you want to know how? Read on and take a note of all the steps.
Before you start applying your makeup, it is essential that you prepare your skin properly so you do not dehydrate it or damage it due to cosmetics. You only have to spend a few minutes cleaning your face with a facial gel, rinse it with warm or cold water and apply a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type. With these simple steps, you will prevent your skin from absorbing the makeup, which can eventually lead to more visible signs of aging, and your look is spoiled prematurely.
Also, if you want to keep your foundation intact for longer, you can use a pre-base or primer, which is a product that is especially suitable for setting makeup and leaving the face velvety to the touch.
Liquid or cream foundations can be applied perfectly with your fingers. You can achieve results that have a natural finish and are equally nice. Many professional makeup artists state that this method does not provide great coverage, such as that achieved with brushes or sponges. However, to blend the tone from day to day and show off a natural appearance, it is a great option, so you can try it and decide for yourself!
In addition, the heat generated from your fingers helps the foundation to blend perfectly into the skin. It also forces you to use a smaller amount of product, so it will also help you to save money on cosmetics.
Here we detail all the steps you must take to apply makeup with your fingers and achieve the perfect finish:
- First, stir the foundation pot so that the pigments are well distributed throughout the product and so none have accumulated at the bottom.
- Our advice is that you apply foundation on those areas of the face that tend to accumulate more grease and look shiny throughout the day, which include the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.
- Place a small amount of foundation on the back of your hand and keep on getting more product as you apply it. It is essential that you do not overdo it so you do not look too artificial in appearance.
- The key to uniform and beautiful makeup is to start applying it from the center of the face outwards i.e. you can start at the nose and then move to the cheeks, forehead and finally, to the chin area.
- Spread out the foundation in this direction, whilst always using light touches with your fingertips until you see it has completely blended onto the skin. Avoid rubbing or dragging the product. Take care that none accumulates in the creases of the nose or on top of the forehead where hair growth begins.
- Finally, pay attention to the neck area and blend a little makeup from your chin towards this so there are no unsightly lines.
It?s that simple! You've achieved facial makeup in a few seconds and have achieved a look that is natural, fresh and not overdone. It is important to not use foundation to hide spots, pimples, blackheads, dark circles, etc., as this cosmetic is used to help to unify facial skin tone and balance the skin. To camouflage any such imperfections, you have to resort to a concealer, which is a very useful product if you know how to use it. You will find that it is available in different colors and formats, so finding the right one is very important.
OneHowTo has articles which explain which is the best concealer for you and how you use it:
In order to seal your foundation and give your skin a silky appearance, the finishing touch involves applying a light coat of translucent powder with the help of a thick brush. Do it across the T-zone of the face (forehead, nose and chin) and you'll immediately notice the difference. Then, you can apply makeup to your eyes or lips as you wish.
If you find that your fingers are not the best tool for applying makeup and you want to opt for more professional techniques, then do not miss these step-by-step articles: How to apply makeup with a sponge and how to apply makeup with a brush. You can also try all three ways and see which finish is the one you prefer and which is better for your skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Apply Makeup with your Fingers, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.