Tricks to Lose Weight Fast
Do you want to get rid of that excess weight? Dinner out with friends, going on holiday or weekend family reunions may lead us to reaching Monday with a little extra weight. In these situations you should know that there are some tricks that can help you lose the weight quickly and healthily. It is best to try and control binging and opt instead for a low fat diet throughout the week; however, for the occasional naughty weekend of excess you need not worry as next in OneHowTo we explain some tricks to lose weight fast.
If you want to lose weight fast their is no option other than to keep an eye on what you are eating. The phrase 'we are what we eat' could not be more true, if we want to lose those extra kilos we must try modifying our dietary habits and follow a healthier low-fat diet. Overall, the premises for eating well are:
- Fruits and vegetables: they are the basic ingredients in any diet because, other than containing essential elements for our health, they contain few calories helping us stay well nourished without eating too much fat.
- Low fat protein: a balanced diet should contain all the food groups, therefore you should not miss out on proteins. However, there are a number of foods that are healthier than others because of their fat content; in the case of meat these should be lean meats and for fish white fish is best.
- Whole grain carbohydrates: as we have mentioned, eating to lose weight does not mean we stop eating, instead it means we do so in a healthy manner. Carbohydrates are essential for our body as they supply energy, but we recommend eating whole grain carbohydrates as white flour contains a lot of sugar and few nutrients.
- Reduce sugar and fat: you must choose a healthy diet so pastries, chocolate, sauces or fried foods should be very limited in your diet and instead you should opt for fat free versions. The best way to cook food is grilled or baked, these being methods that manage to keep the taste of food but without using too much oil.
Eat 5 times a day
In addition to changing the foods you eat daily, you should also remember to eat more often but in smaller amounts. Binge eating at lunch or dinner makes our digestive system saturate and we may experience a slow digestion, a swollen belly or stomach and so on.
It is important therefore to eat 5 times a day with a maximum margin of 4 hours between meals so you satiate your appetite and accelerate your metabolism to keep it working all day.
The most recommended is that you divide your day in the following way:
- 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast
- 11:00 am: Mid-morning
- 2:00 p.m.: Snack
- 5:00 p.m.: Mid-afternoon
- 8:30 p.m.: Dinner
It is also recommended that you avoid eating dinner too late because your digestive system needs time to assimilate food. Similarly, it is essential to opt for light dinners by eating foods which are easy to digest and which contain little fat.
Drink plenty of water
Another tip to lose weight fast is to drink at least 2 litres of water a day. This amount will help your body naturally cleanse itself so you can eliminate accumulated toxins and thus reduce fluid retention and cellulite
If this amount seems excessive you can choose to prepare soups, broths and teas and drink them through the day, this way you are also drinking water even if it is mixed with other foods. Similarly, you can also increase the consumption of fruits and / or vegetables which are rich in water, for example pineapple, watermelon, lettuce and so on.
Also, drinking a glass of water before each meal will help reduce hunger and you can sit at the table with a controlled stomach, something that will help you eat slowly and and avoid excesses. In OneHowTo we list the benefits of drinking water.
Activate your metabolism
To burn the calories you eat it is essential that you exercise your body, doing so your metabolism will use the energy from the food and convert it into energy for you. As a result it is essential that you begin a physical exercise routine in which you combine cardiovascular exercise with toning. This will help you burn calories and also strengthen your muscles by turning fat into muscle mass.
It is best to do some kind of exercise at least three times a week (either go to the gym, jogging, play basketball with some friends or even do some jump rope at home etc.). The point is that you move, sweat and work to have a more active and healthy body. In this OneHowTo article we give you more advice so you know how to easily speed up your metabolism.
If you want to read similar articles to Tricks to Lose Weight Fast, we recommend you visit our Weight & image category.
- Avoid strong alcohol. You can substitute alcohol with a glass of light wine or beer. You should also avoid soft drinks as they contain a lot of sugar. The combination of alcohol and soda is the worst. Do not torture yourself with food, if one day you feel like a treat the you should enjoy one.
- Remember that losing a kilo a week may not be advisable, even if you are following these tricks to lose weight fast