How to use Potato for Acne Scars - Most Effective Face Masks
Has acne left marks or scars on your face that you're finding difficult to get rid of? Before resorting to expensive cosmetic treatments, it is possible to test the efficiency of some natural remedies that are perfect to lighten the skin and reduce the visibility of these spots. One of the products that can help us in this task is potato or raw potato, because its composition is ideal to whiten the skin naturally, fight the stains and marks caused by acne, aging or the sun and provide the face with a more balanced and beautiful look. In addition to this, it has other benefits such as preventing and reducing wrinkles or accelerating the disappearance of acne. What are you waiting for? Keep reading this oneHOWTO article to discover how to use potato for acne scars and get fresher and more beautiful skin.
Benefits of potato for skin
Potato is a very beneficial food for skincare too, especially due to its content in vegetable starch and vitamin C. This popular tuber can help us greatly improve the beauty of our skin for several reasons. Take a look at the main benefits of potato for the skin:
- It exerts a perfect anti-aging action to prevent and fight wrinkles.
- Thanks to the starch and the vitamin C that it contains, it is ideal to remove spots and marks on the skin, both the dark ones that can appear due age or the sun exposure(such as those in the underarms), as those marks or scars that remain in the face due to the acne. It helps to get clearer, beautiful and even skin.
- Helps remove dark circles and bags under eyes by promoting the blood circulation of the eye contour and reducing the dilation of blood vessels in the area. At the same time, it acts as a decongestant and refreshes the eye contour.
- Combats dry skin and prevents dehydration.
- Potatoes contain vitamin C, sulfur, potassium and copper, nutrients that make it an incredible natural remedy to treat acne on facial skin. It offers a deep cleansing of the pores, eliminate all accumulated toxins and acts against the kernels, disinflamming them and accelerating their disappearance.
- Illuminates the skin and erases signs of tiredness or fatigue on the face.
- Helps relieve skin in case of mild sunburn.
How to use potato to get rid of acne scars
As discussed in the previous section, potatoes can be a perfect complement to get rid of acne and its marks or scars that this condition can later leave on the face. After application,you'll see a significant improvement in the impurities on your skin, as it also has antibacterial properties that can kill the bacteria responsible for that cutaneous condition, in addition to its cleansing and exfoliating effects that will reduce excess sebum, eliminate dead cells and prevent new spots, pimples, blackheads, etc. from appearing.
You can use potato for acne scars in many different ways, but now we'll show you one of the simplest and fastest:
- 1 potato
- Wash face with soap and water until completely clean and flawless.
- Peel the potato, wash it and cut it into slices.
- Take a slice and start rubbing it all over the face making circular movements and focusing more on areas that have acne spots or scars.
- When the used potato slice has dried, repeat the same procedure with a second slice for a few more minutes.
- Leave to act for about 15 or 20 minutes until the potato juice has completely dried.
- Wash face with plenty of water and a little soap.
Treatment can be done up to 3 or 4 times per week if you want to get faster results. In addition, it can be completed with the application of a specific cream to erase acne blemishes on the skin.
Potato mask for acne scars
We have already anticipated that there are several ways to use potato for acne scars that are effective, and the following that we uncover includes other natural products that are equally effective for this purpose. In addition, they are recipes that are also useful to lighten the skin of the face and reduce the visibility of any type of stain or mark, whether it has appeared due to previous spots, aging or prolonged solar exposures.
Mask to lighten the skin
- Wash 1 unpeeled raw potato and bring to the boil without removing the skin.
- When it has softened, remove from the heat and wait for it to cool.
- Crush the potato with a fork until it turns into a kind of puree.
- Add 2 tablespoons of powdered milk and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Stir all ingredients until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Apply the potato mask all over the face and leave to act about 20 or 30 minutes.
Mask for wrinkles and age marks
- Peel and wash 1 raw potato.
- Grate the pulp of the potato and add it in a bowl.
- Also add 1 grated cucumber and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients and then apply on the face with the help of a cotton swab and leave to act for 20 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of cold or lukewarm water.
Potato and lemon mask for acne
In addition to using potato for acne stains, you can also use this food as a natural treatment to reduce spots and decrease the large amounts of sebum and fat that contribute to a more pronounced acne outburst. In this case, we recommend a mashed potato for acne that includes lemon, as this is a great astringent, cleaner and natural bleaching agent.
- 2 raw potatoes
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation and application
- Peel the potatoes and wash them.
- Then, cook them in water until they soften to be able to mash them later.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to the mashed potatoes and remove.
- Apply the mask on the clean face and let it stand for 20 or 30 minutes.
If you want to read similar articles to How to use Potato for Acne Scars - Most Effective Face Masks, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.
- Do not use potato for acne scars if you have Oral Allergy Syndrome as it could trigger an allergic reaction.