How To Whiten Underarms With Potato
The dark color of your underarms is not a medical condition. It is a very common occurrence usually caused due to you skin’s exposure to certain elements. Most commonly, dark underarms can be the result of hair removal creams, shaving, excessive sweating, dead skin cell accumulation, poor ventilation in the underarms, using alcohol based antiperspirants and deodorants etc. You will be amazed to know that potato is an excellent kitchen ingredient that can be successfully used to lighten the color of your underarms. We have already told you some home remedies to lighten skin. Here at OneHowTo, we get specific and are going to tell you how to whiten underarms with potato.
Potatoes are mildly acidic, due to which they become perfect skin whitening agents. It is a natural bleaching remedy that whitens your underarms without any irritation, which is common if you use any other skin whitening products available out there. Because potatoes are not as acidic as lemons, they do not cause irritation on this sensitive area, and you can apply them even if you have a very sensitive skin.
Methods of using potato to whiten underarms
Basically, there are two methods to whiten underarms with potato, one is by extracting its juice, and the other by rubbing its slice.
- Extract the juice of a potato by grating a potato and squeezing out its juice. Apply this juice under your armpits with a cotton ball or your fingers, let it dry for 15 minutes, and then wash off. Repeat at least 2 times in a day, and see the results coming very soon.
- Cut a small potato slice, rub it on your underarms on a regular basis for 5-10 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy every day, especially just before going to bed in the night.
Useful tips for underarms
Keeping underarms moisturized is the best way to prevent and treat dark underarms. So, apart from this treatment to whiten underarms with potato follow this advice:
- Use a lecithin or aloe vera based moisturizer to keep the area moisturized.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated at all times.
- Exfoliate your underarms, as dark skin color may be nothing but build up of dead skin cells on the area. At OneHowTo you can learn how to exfoliate your body with homemade products.
- As shaving may thicken the hair under your skin, it may give a darker tone to your skin in this area. So, it is better to wax this area instead of shaving. Hair removal creams and antiperspirants may also have strong chemicals, which may damage the delicate skin of this area, and darken its tone. So, skip such products, and live all natural.
If you want them to stay clear of dark patches, read this article to know how to avoid dark underarms and consider whitening underarms with activated charcoal.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Whiten Underarms With Potato, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.