How to Use Evening Primrose Oil on your Face
Evening primrose oil is miraculous oil that is effective in treating a wide range of internal as well as external issues. Widely used in cosmetics and soaps, it is believed to be a wonderful remedy for acne, eczema and other skin related problems. The fatty acid and GLA content in this oil is highly beneficial for the health of your skin. Extracted from the seeds of evening primrose, this oil works as a great moisturizer and helps to keep the skin hydrated as well. By boosting your blood circulation, it also helps in treating skin tiredness and dullness. If you are still confused about how to use evening primrose oil on your face, read this oneHOWTO article.
Buying evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil is easily available in most countries, and you can buy it from any nearby drug store or health store. If you can’t find it in your locality, you can even order it online from any part of the world. You can either buy it in pure oil form, or buy its supplements. If you are buying a supplement, you will get it in ampoule form. You can split it open and pour out the oil from them. Wherever you are buying it from, make sure that it is pure, organic and cold pressed if you want to use evening primrose oil on your face.
Treating different skin conditions with evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil on your face works by stimulating blood circulation in your skin, thus helping the skin cells to become nourished and healthy. As your cells get healthier, the deal cells slough away and get replaced with fresh skin. The new skin cells that you get are nourished with plenty of nutrients and oxygen, due to which it is less susceptible to get infected or diseased. Evening primrose oil is found to be effective in treating a number of skin conditions, including:
- Acne: Take a drop of evening primrose oil on the left palm of your hand, dip the fore finger of your right hand in it, and apply it on your acne. Sleep with this oil on your acne in the night. Let it sit overnight, and you will see that your acne spot has improved significantly the next morning. Repeat in the next night too. Your acne will subside within 3-4 nights of continuous application. This will not only remove your existing acne, but will also prevent other pimples from occurring in the area. Read this for more information on How to Use Evening Primrose for Acne.
- Eczema: If you are suffering from eczema, then you will need to apply the oil on a larger area of skin. To deal with this, mix a few drops of evening primrose oil in your regular face cream or moisturizer. Take bath or wash your face with warm water and tap it dry. Apply your face cream with evening primrose oil in it as usual. Apply this cream 2-3 times in a day, and also before going to bed.
- Rosacea: If you have rosacea, you must be dealing with red, small, pus-filled bumps on different parts of your face. Take a soft cotton ball, pour a couple of drops of evening primrose oil on it, and apply it on your face with gentle dabs. Leave for 30 minutes and then wash off. Apply a moisturizer to hydrate the skin. Repeat everyday for 15 days, and see the difference.
- Psoriasis: Make a homemade ointment by mixing a few drops of evening primrose oil in cocoa butter or shea butter. Let the butter harden, and then apply on your skin just like any other moisturizer.
Evening primrose oil for skin lightening recipe
If you long for lighter, even textured skin, make this evening primrose oil skin lotion using the following instructions to use evening primrose on your face:
- 1 tsp evening primrose oil
- 2 tbsp argan oil
- 1tsp watermelon
- 5 drops frankincense
- 3 drops lavender oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
Steps to follow
- Take a 4 oz dropper bottle
- Pour 1 tsp evening primrose oil
- Add 2 tbsp of argan oil, 1 tsp of watermelon seed oil, five drops frankincense essential oil, three drops of lavender essential oil and five drops of geranium essential oil in it
- Mix well and store
- Take 2-3 drops of this lotion on your palm at bed time
- Massage gently on your face
- Go to sleep
- Wash off in the morning
Evening primrose oil topical eczema treatment
Eczema is a serious skin condition that many people suffer nowadays. As we've read above, evening primrose oil is a great ally in order to tackle this disease. Take a look at the following recipe that will helps relieve swelling:
- 30 drops of evening primrose oil
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 10 drios bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops thyme essential oil
- 1/2 a cup of sweet almond oil
- 30 drops of borage essential oil
- 2 oz water
- In a glass full of water, pour all of the ingredients mention above except the almond and grapeseed oil. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and put in a container with a top.
- Shake well.
- Apply on your skin with clean fingertips, gently pat the affected area.
Use this evening primrose oil recipe for topical eczema several times a day.
Evening primrose oil skin tightening treatment
Another of the most common uses for evening primrose oil on your face is for skin tightening and toning. At oneHOWTO we'd like to suggest making this skin firming oil that is complete with all the ingredients that will avoid flaccid areas.
- 1/2 oz evening primrose oil
- 1/2 oz grapeseed oil
- 5 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- Mix all of the ingredients mentioned above, opening the vitamin E capsule and pouring its content with the rest.
- Apply gently on your skin with clean fingers, patting delicately.
- Leave on overnight and rinse your face in the morning.
Evening primrose oil face wrinkles treatment
The last way to use evening primrose oil on face is to get rid of wrinkles. Take a look at this treatment that oneHOWTO offers to avoid premature aging and the formation of unsightly wrinkles.
- 9 gr evening primrose oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 2 capsules Bisabolol
- In a small glass container, mix all of the ingredients, carefully pouring the contents of the capsules in it.
- Close the glass container tightly and shake profusely.
- Use a dropper to apply on your skin. Massage softly and finish with some energetic tapping with your fingertips on your skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Evening Primrose Oil on your Face, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.