How to Clean Your Face with Olive Oil
Olive oil is not only a great ally to help maintain heart health or to offer your body a dose of omega-3, vitamin E and healthy fatty acids. It also is one of the best allies for the beauty of your tender skin. This is the perfect ingredient to remove make-up naturally, to nourish your skin and to ensure good hydration for everyone.
If you like to take care of your skin only with natural products, read on this OneHowTo article. In this article we're going to explain how to clean the face with olive oil. The results will surprise you and your face will look cleaner and healthier than ever before.
Having a proper cleansing routine is critical to the health of your skin. Your skin needs daily cleaning to remove dirt, impurities and make-up. If you don't clean your face every day, these impurities can accumulate and end up clogging your pores. This can contribute to the appearance of whiteheads and black spots. It is therefore very important to clean your face in the morning, upon awakening, and at night, when we're ready to rest at home.
Olive oil is one of the best solutions out there to help remove those impurities from your face effectively. But these are not unique benefits, it is also suitable to:
- Hydrate and nourish your skin in depth, helping to combat dryness.
- Repair those areas of skin that are damaged by the presence of marks or scars, notably favouring magical improvements.
- Promote the prevention of premature aging due to its Vitamin E, Vitamin K and essential fatty acids. This ingredient helps you to have a more elastic and smooth skin.
Although the benefits of olive oil for the skin are clear, not all can use this ingredient on the face. This home remedy is contraindicated for:
- Individuals with oily skin, as oil will make sebum increase in the dermis.
- Those who suffer from acne because it could worsen the problem.
- In times of extreme heat this habit can increase shine on your face, so it is not recommended.
People with dry or combination skin may use this ingredient to enhance their facial beauty.
For this procedure it is recommended that you use extra virgin olive oil, opting for a quality product for a better effect. You don't need to buy any specific olive oil at a cosmetic shop, the one you have at home that you use for cooking or preparing salads it's enough.
The routine that we will describe below is recommended for the evening before applying your moisturiser. To make it you need:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A small towel
- A small container with hot water
To clean your face with olive oil follow these steps:
- Pour in the palm of your hand a ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Don't put anymore, otherwise it could be very greasy.
- Rub the oil on your face with your fingertips, using circular movements to massage your face, stimulate the circulation and that'll help spread the oil well.
- Take a small towel and dip it in the bowl with hot water until it is soaking wet. The water should be warm but not scorching to your skin.
- Wring the towel and apply it on your face taking care not to burn your hands. Leave it on your face for 10 seconds and then use it to clean the oil away from the skin. Repeat the process again to make sure the product is washed away.
- After, rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.
- Apply your moisturising facial cream to finish the cleaning.
Cleaning your face with olive oil is a very simple proceeding. You can use this method when your skin needs extra moisture, for instance during the winter. Do it once a week or every day if you have very dry skin. However, you must remember that this method is contraindicated for people with oily skin, as it would only make it worse. Oily skin needs to be treated in a different way.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean Your Face with Olive Oil, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.