How to Use Ice on Skin
If you want to delay the ageing process and have your skin look healthy and youthful for as long as possible you need to maximize the care you offer your skin, especially in sensitive and exposed areas like the face. Using the right products for our skin type, keeping it clean and moisturized, protecting it from the sun and exfoliating and applying masks for its topical care are just some of the measures we must take.
But we can also find a good ally in something as simple as an ice cube. Do you know how cold can benefit you in fighting ageing? Keep reading this OneHowTo article in which we explain how to use ice on skin to look younger and have an even more beautiful complexion.
What are the benefits of ice on your face?
There are several beauty tips with ice that we can carry out in our daily routine, but before adding this effective product to our daily routine it is important to know its benefits for facial rejuvenation.
Ice is good for your face because:
It tightens pores
One of the most common problems, especially for oily skin, are open pores that make the skin look less smooth than it should. Moreover, open pores let dirt and grease accumulate in them, resulting in the formation of black spots and pimples.
Because cold helps to close the pores, applying ice to the skin daily will keep them in perfect condition, giving you facial skin that is much more uniform, healthy and beautiful.
Improves blood circulation
Cold also helps stimulate proper blood circulation; this makes our skin absorb moisturizers and anti-ageing products more effectively and, at the same time, helps us combat ageing. The better the circulation in a given area, the lower the wrinkle formation.
Invigorates our skin
Maintaining the tone of our face is essential to prevent facial sagging that then leads to folds and bags in our skin, a clear feature of ageing. If warmth increases flaccidity, cold contributes to muscle tension, maintaining the tone and giving our face a more youthful appearance.
Reduces inflammation around our eyes
Fluid retention, a poor night's sleep, breathing problems or hereditary factors may be causing swelling beneath our eyes and in some cases this can result in marked eye bags. Ice is an excellent ally to reduce this inflammation and make our eyes look more awake, improving the general appearance of our face.
Helps to combat acne inflammation
The clogging of the pores that leads to the formation of pimples causes a clear swelling in the area where the spot is present. Applying cold in these areas will help tackle acne inflammation, concealing its presence and also lessening the impact of new pimples on our skin.
It gives us a more radiant skin
All the above benefits translate into one very clear thing: the skin of your face will look more radiant, smooth and healthy, allowing the make up you apply to look more uniform or, if you decide to not apply make up, give your face notable brightness. It's worth a try!
How to use ice on skin: Step by step
With all the benefits of cold on the skin, who would not want to give such a cheap treatment a try? All we need is a couple of ice cubes and a soft cotton cloth, and we're ready to go!
To use ice on skin you must:
- Thoroughly wash your face beforehand: the skin must be perfectly clean before you close the pores using the cold.
- Wrap a large ice cube or two small ones with a cloth or cotton towel, the softer the material the better.
- Let the ice melt a little so that the cold water begins to dampen the cloth, then begin to apply it on the face.
- Without pressure, apply the ice in a circular motion over your entire face, emphasizing the problem areas such as around the eyes, nose, cheeks or forehead, which tend to accumulate more fat, black spots, acne or open pores.
- You must run the ice over the face for at least a couple of minutes, letting the cold act on your skin.
- Do not stay in one area for too long or you might break the skin capillaries; be careful and gently rub it all over the skin.
- Once you finish you can apply a facial tonic, if you want.
- This routine can be carried out in the morning to give your face greater vitality and to get your makeup to look more uniform and perfect. Alternatively, apply at night in order to pamper your face, close the pores and make the moisturizer or anti-ageing products act more effectively. If you have more time available for your beauty routine, you can do it both times of day.
Other tips to use ice on skin
Using ice on the skin is a simple procedure that brings great benefits to our dermis, helping us have a beautiful, toned and youthful face. However it is important that you consider some recommendations for it to be fully effective:
- Do not apply ice directly on the skin as it could cause damage to your dermis. Cover it always, preferably with a soft cloth.
- Do not apply cold on your skin for more than 15 minutes, the capillaries of the skin could freeze and burst, which would cause redness and affect the appearance of the face.
- To enhance the effect of this treatment you can make ice cubes combined with other ingredients to help you treat a particular facial problem. For example, if you add a drop of tea tree oil to each cube of water it will help you fight acne, a few drops of lemon juice are ideal for reducing fat and whitening skin. Cucumber water brings freshness and chamomile has a calming and anti-inflammatory effect. Aloe vera ice cubes are particularly useful to soothe and treat burns.
Are you ready to show off a beautiful and renewed face? Introduce ice into your routine and enjoy its benefits. Now that you know how to use ice on skin, you can get creative.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Ice on Skin, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.