How to remove Acrylic Nails at Home
The long acrylic nails give a sexy and glamorous look to our personality without the hassle of growing our real nails so long. So, women love to glue acrylic nails over their natural ones. But after some time these acrylic nails start to look thick and also our natural nails grow. This causes the acrylic nails to look bad and we should therefore take them off.
In this article we will know how to remove acrylic nails at home.
You can remove acrylic nails at home using Acetone. Take the following steps:
1. At first, clip your nails and cut off as much of your acrylic nails as possible.
2. Now, using a fine buffer, file off the nail paint. Along with the nail paint, file off as much acrylic paint as possible.
3. Then it’s time to prepare the acetone. Take a bowl of warm water. Fill a smaller bowl and fill it halfway with acetone. Then put the acetone bowl over the warm water bowl to warm up the acetone.
4. If your skin feels irritated when you dip your hands in acetone then put petroleum jelly or Vaseline around the skin surrounding your nail. If your skin doesn’t get irritated in acetone then you can skip the petroleum jelly.
5. Then take one cotton ball for each nail and dip it in warm acetone. Take it out when the ball is saturated with acetone. Place the cotton ball on the acrylic nail. Then wrap it tightly using aluminum foil.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the aluminum foil. Then remove the cotton balls and along with the ball, the softened acrylic nail will come out too.
7. If any acrylic is left, then scrape it off using a nail buffer.
8. Finally apply some cuticle oil on your nails.
Using Dental Floss
If you are removing acrylic nails with dental floss then you will need the help of one more person. So, call over your sibling or friend and follow the steps mentioned next:
1. At first, use a cuticle stick and gently pry up the bottom edge of the acrylic nail.
2. Now, ask your partner to take a dental floss and slide it under the pried edge of the nail by holding the two ends of floss in both hands.
3. Ask your partner to slide the floss back and forth while pulling it. This will help the nails to come out loose.
4. Continue doing so till acrylic nails are free from the natural nail.
5. This is a bit of a rough process. So, after removing the acrylic nails use a buffer and clean the natural nails. Then apply cuticle cream and moisturizer over nails to soften it up.
If you want to read similar articles to How to remove Acrylic Nails at Home, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.