How to Rejuvenate Skin Naturally
If the skin does not receive the care and nutrients needed daily to stay beautiful and plump, it's normal for it to start looking older, dull and lifeless. Not only should you tackle this issue by using anti-aging creams; you need to consider other factors such as nutrition, internal hydration, daily cleansing, weekly exfoliation, etc. If you are looking for natural solutions for skin rejuvenation because you do not want to try any kind of aggressive aesthetic treatment, pay attention to the tips in this oneHOWTO article. We'll show you how to rejuvenate skin naturally and have beautifully radiant skin with minimal effort.
Starting and ending the day with a good cleansing routine is key to having more beautiful and youthful skin for longer. Remember that a clean and moisturised skin is synonymous with radiant, beautiful skin that's free of impurities. For an effective cleansing routine, you should consider the following steps:
- Cleaning: remove waste and dirt with a cleanser. You can choose cleansing milks, gels, micellar water, etc., but it is best that you choose products that are suitable for your skin type. Find out more in our article on How to choose a facial cleanser.
- Toning: after cleaning, it is advisable to apply a facial toner to refresh the skin and tighten pores.
- Hydration: apply a moisturiser to nourish the tissues and prevent dryness. For mature skins seeking a rejuvenating effect, choose anti-aging creams enriched with ingredients such as collagen, elastin, vitamin E, glycolic acid, antioxidants, etc.
Remember to repeat those steps twice a day, in the morning and at night. Also, never forget to remove your make-up before going to bed to avoid impeding the process of cellular regeneration, otherwise you risk aging the skin prematurely.
To keep the skin well hydrated and prevent ageing of the tissues, it is not enough to simply clean the skin and apply creams daily. It is also essential to stay hydrated by drinking enough water daily (between 1.5 and 2 litres) and complement it with the consumption of healthy liquids like juice or tea. This will help eliminate toxins, improve your wellbeing and prevent the onset of conditions such as cellulite that gives a very unsightly appearance to the skin.
Some teas that help achieving more radiant and luminous skin include:
- Green Tea: its high content of antioxidants slows down the ageing process, revitalises the skin and prevents formation of wrinkles.
- Chamomile: it is a great moisturiser and a natural rejuvenator, ideal for toning and cleansing the skin.
- Rosemary: excellent for reducing pores and removing blackheads thanks to its astringent properties.
- Lavender: this has bactericidal and healing properties, great for preventing the appearance of pimples and impurities. Lavender is also a great essential oil for skin rejuvenation, so you can use it as a toner or in moisturizers too.
Another task you should not ignore if you want to rejuvenate your skin naturally and enhance your beauty, is to exfoliate both facial skin and the body once a week, minimum. This will remove all dead skin cells and impurities, preventing new imperfections and boosting skin complexion, making it more resilient against wrinkles.
You need to choose a specific exfoliating lotion for the face and one for the body, since the grains are not the same. If you prefer to go for natural cosmetics, why not try some homemade exfoliators, such as those in the following articles:
What you eat is quickly reflected in the state of your skin. Therefore, fill your diet with foods with anti-aging properties to help keep your body healthy, inside and out. Take note of the following and add them to your diet:
- Red berries
- Citrus fruits
- Olive oil
- Green leaf vegetables
You can also take a rejuvenating food supplement such as Chyawanprash.
Cold treatments (cryotherapy) have become increasingly popular in spas and beauty salons. It helps keep the skin youthful, fresh and plump. So why not put it into practice at home too?
If you want to get results similar to those obtained by cryotherapy, simply wrap ice cubes in a clean, soft cloth and dab it all over the face using circular movements, spending 1 to 2 minutes on the different areas. Do it every day in the morning and follow with a facial tonic and anti-aging cream. In addition to rejuvenating skin, this treatment is effective for closing pores, softening skin, preventing wrinkles and improving circulation.
Once or twice a week, combine all of the above with the application of an anti-aging and rejuvenating masks. Your skin will be left looking radiant, supple and elastic. Those listed below are the most effective options for this purpose:
- Grape mask: 4 green grapes crushed and mixed with the contents of 2 capsules of vitamin E. Apply to the face and leave for 30 minutes.
- Vitamin C mask: mix the juice of 1 orange, 1 mashed kiwi and 3 tablespoons of honey. Apply using circular massage and lave on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Honey and rose oil mask: mix 3 tablespoons of milk, 4 tablespoons of honey and 4 drops of rose oil. Apply to face and leave for 20 minutes.
So, we have listed some great tips to rejuvenate the skin in a completely natural way. However, if you want to go one step further and try a professional beauty treatment, you could approach a beauty salon or aesthetician to find out the advantages of techniques such as radiofrequency, laser therapy, platelet rich plasma or hyaluronic acid.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Rejuvenate Skin Naturally, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.