How To Rejuvenate Your Eyes
The skin around your eyes is much thinner than on the rest of the face, so it is not surprising that it ages faster and suffers the effects of aging in a more noticeable way. Stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, fatigue or constant exposure to sunlight can also make your eyes seem more subdued prematurely. If you want to rejuvenate your eyes and regain your youth in this area, do not miss the tips in this OneHowTo article. We'll show you how to combat common aesthetic problems such as dark circles, bags, lines and crow's feet.
Perfectly hydrated skin ages much slower and so to keep the delicate and sensitive skin in this area around the eyes looking youthful, it is essential to nourish it daily. There are a lot of anti-aging creams for this purpose but it is best to choose one that is specifically for your eyes. These types of lotions are designed to moisturize, prevent dryness, prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles and minimize the visibility of existing ones.
Creams for your eyes that contain anti-aging ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid or retinol are most effective at rejuvenating mature skin. You should apply this cream twice a day, in the morning and evening, always after a good facial cleansing routine. To do it well, we recommend that you consult our article on when to start using eye cream.
External hydration is not the only key point to get younger looking skin. It is also important to hydrate it from the inside. Therefore, you should increase your consumption of water throughout the day, trying to drink between 1.5 and 2 liters. You should also include foods containing antioxidants and ones with anti-aging properties in your daily diet. You can also complement a balanced diet with a rejuvenating food supplement such as Chyawanprash.
In terms of good foods that slow down the effects of aging, the best ones are green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, berries, fish rich in omega 3, tomatoes and oats. Moreover, you are highly recommended to regularly consume green tea, an infusion that prevents the formation of free radicals that are responsible for premature aging of cells and your skin.
Spending many hours at the computer, looking at a mobile phone or TV generates eye fatigue that also affects the appearance of your eyes. To relax them and at the same time, reactivate blood circulation in the area, regular massaging is very effective. How do I do it? It's simple; first choose a natural oil with anti-aging properties, such as avocado or rosehip and pour a few drops of it onto your fingers. Start massaging the area under your eyes with circular movements and carry on moving up towards your eyelids, finally reaching the arch of your eyebrows. Then put your fingers between your nasal septum and your tear ducts and make small circles to stimulate circulation in this area.
Commercial creams give good results but there are also natural products which can serve to rejuvenate eyes and give them a more alert and beautiful look. Take note of those that we detail next and you'll see that they are a good formula to combat wrinkles and crow's feet around your eyes:
- Apply a little almond oil or aloe vera gel around your eyes. Both products regenerate skin tissue and provide extra hydration.
- Beat some egg whites and apply them to the skin around your eyes. Egg is a food that provides elasticity to your skin and has a firming effect.
- Make a pulp with an avocado and spread the resulting paste on the area around your eyes, leaving it to act for 30 minutes. Avocados stimulate the production of collagen and act as a powerful, natural rejuvenator.
- Crush two green grapes and apply them onto the contours of your eyes. This fruit contains polyphenols, substances that protect both collagen and elastin in the skin, so they are ideal for combating aging.
If your problem is the dark circles under your eyes that often give you a tired and weary look, begin to implement the following beauty tricks and you'll see that solving this problem is not so difficult:
- Place very cold slices of cucumber or raw potato on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Apply gauze moistened in chamomile on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Place frozen tea bags on your tired eyes for 10 minutes.
- Wet the area around your eyes with a little cold milk and allow it to stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
Discover many more treatments to reduce those dark shadows under your eyes in our article home remedies for dark circles under your eyes.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Rejuvenate Your Eyes, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.