How to Make a Body Scrub with Sea Salt
Scrub, scrub, scrub! Exfoliation is essential to get fabulous skin that is free of dead cells and which has properly closed pores. Beautiful skin is just a step away when you thoroughly clean your face. But there's no need to purchase expensive designer products to exfoliate your body perfectly, just team up with some natural ingredients such as salt to get the results you expect and deserve.
Natural cosmetics are just far more fashionable than ever, so do not hesitate. Sign up for the wave of savings with these simply wondrous ideas. On OneHowTo.com we explain how to make a body scrub with sea salt to help you enhance the beauty of your skin.
Exfoliating properties of salt on the skin
Just as it is possible to create scrubs from sugar to make your tired skin look great again. You can also use salt for this purpose because the little grains help eliminate dead cells which may otherwise accumulate on skin. Exfoliation makes everything look more luminous and beautiful.
But besides favoring the removal of dead cells, the salt will help:
- Properly absorb excess fat.
- Encourage the elimination of toxins from the skin, ensuring a more thorough cleaning.
- It helps reduce swelling of the dermis.
- Combined with some essential oils, salt is suitable to moisturize the face and to remove flaky dry skin.
Despite its properties, it is important to avoid using a salt for the face, sensitive skin, irritated skin, wounds or cuts. These scrubs are recommended especially for body use.
Basic Tips to exfoliate your body
Exfoliating the body is an essential step to get your delicious dermis in perfect beauty, but it is important to do it properly to ensure proper disposal of dead cells and a good cleaning. It is therefore important that you:
- Your face or skin are perfectly clean before exfoliating, you shouldn't do this magical process with dirty skin.
- When applying the scrub, it is not necessary to aggressively rub the dermis, just make gentle circular motions upwards, thus we act on the skin without mistreating it. For this task, always use the tips of your fingers.
- Once you've finished applying the product, remove it with cold water so you favor closing the pores and obtaining a far better end result.
- Then smother yourself in the moisturizer of your choice making your skin better absorb nutrients.
Lavender salt scrub for nasty dry skin
If you want to make a body scrub with sea salt that also moisturizes, nourishes and favor its true beauty, then this salt scrub based on lavender essential oil is the best alternative for you and your diva looks. The aroma of this oil also promotes relaxation, so it is the ideal thing to put aside the stress and strife after a long day ally.
To make this salt body scrub need:
- ½ cup of sea salt or coarse salt
- ½ cup of coconut oil, almond or olive oil.
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil.
Mix all ingredients and place them in a bowl. Use in the shower after the bath, you can apply it 1 time a week.
Sea salt scrub and olive oil to nourish the dermis
Looking for sea salt scrubs that are easy to prepare? If the problem is that you don't have any charming essential oils to hand and you want a quick cheap option, then olive is your ally in this daring quest.
The olive oil has many benefits for skin. They are multiple, deep moisturizing and they promote nutrition, so it is an ideal alternative that should be incorporated into your beauty routine now. To do this you need:
- 4 tablespoons of sea salt or coarse salt.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Mix everything together and apply it on to the skin with gentle circular movements after showering. You can use it every 7 days.
Citric sea salt scrub to provide energy
Citrus fruits like lemon, orange or grapefruit are perfect to bring vitality to your tired skin and to make reload with energy after a good swim, so is ideal to incorporate the juice of these fruits in the development of your magical salt scrubs.
To do this you need alternative:
- ½ cup of sea or coarse salt.
- ½ cup of olive oil, almond or coconut.
- Juice from 1 lemon or half an orange.
Mix the ingredients well and apply on your body at the end of the bath with gentle circular movements. Remove rinse and dry your skin normally, you can use 1 time a week.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Make a Body Scrub with Sea Salt, we recommend you browse around our Beauty & Personal Care category.