The incredible benefits of aloe vera for the skin are already well known. This plant has without doubt become a natural alternative for treating many dermis problems, as well as enhancing its beauty. In the world of cosmetics, aloe vera has many uses including being a perfect aid for exfoliating facial and body skin, leaving it free from debris, toxins and impurities. In addition, it can renew tissues in the deepest layers, making the skin look bright and very soft. Keep reading this OneHowTo article and discover how to make a scrub with aloe vera.
Properties of aloe vera for your skin
Aloe vera is already an essential part of many women's beauty routines and is a main ingredient in many cosmetics. This is all thanks to its properties that leave skin as new, looking more hydrated and beautiful.
These are some of the benefits offered by this plant if you use it regularly in your facial and body care routine:
- It is a powerful natural astringent. It cleans the skin from the inner to the most superficial layers, by completely unblocking pores and therefore avoiding the appearance of impurities.
- It is a great natural moisturiser, ideal for combatting dry skin and providing the moisture it needs to stay well moisturised.
- It regenerates damaged skin tissues whilst stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, so the result is a much younger, fresher looking skin without any wrinkles.
- It is antibacterial and is one of the best products for treating acne naturally and preventing scarring and skin blemishes.
- It provides elasticity and firmness to the skin, helps to reduce stretch marks, as well as redness or discomfort caused by sunburn or waxing.
Aloe vera and sugar scrub
Given all the above benefits, aloe vera is perfect for skin exfoliation, by leaving it completely free from all the dead cells that detract from a beautiful and youthful appearance. There are several homemade lotions that you can prepare, but the following is ideal for both the face and body and is especially good for combating problems such as oily skin, excess sebum, a shiny appearance, spots, pimples, blackheads etc.
To prepare this natural scrub, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
First, pour the aloe vera gel and sugar into a bowl and stir until it forms a smooth paste. Then, squeeze half a lemon, add a teaspoon of the juice into the above mixture and stir it again. When it's ready, massage the skin to exfoliate it with the mixture by using gentle circular massage movements.
Aloe vera, salt and honey scrub
If you're looking to moisturise your skin deeply on any dry body areas or restore lost lustre, this next homemade scrub may be perfect for you. By uniting the regenerative properties of aloe vera with super moisturising honey you will remove skin impurities and protect its elasticity and suppleness.
For this, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 leaf of aloe vera
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 spoonful of honey
Extract the pulp from an aloe vera leaf and place it into a bowl with the help of a spoon. Then add the salt and stir both ingredients until they're blended together completely. Finally, add the honey and mix until you achieve a consistent grainy paste. This scrub will then be ready for use on any areas of the body you want.
We recommend that you discover more treatments by checking out our article on how to make a facial scrub with honey.
Aloe vera and oatmeal scrub
Oatmeal is another of the best ingredients for combining with aloe vera to make skin look radiant. This cereal provides excellent skin cleansing and helps to close the pores. Also, oatmeal provides relief in case of irritation or itching, so it is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.
The ingredients for an exfoliating aloe vera and oatmeal lotion are:
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil
First mix the oatmeal and aloe vera in a bowl and, when ready, add the almond oil and stir until it forms a smooth paste. You can use this scrub on the face or body by applying it with gentle circular massage movements.
Tips for exfoliating the skin
It is just as important to choose the right products to remove dead skin cells as well as knowing how to apply them correctly, without causing irritation or jeopardising the structure of the dermis. In order to exfoliate your skin properly, it is essential that you take the following advice into account:
- Exfoliate once a week.
- Apply the lotion onto damp skin to avoid damaging it. It is perfect to do it when taking a shower or bath.
- You must use circular massage movements in the area where you are applying the scrub to also stimulate the bloodstream.
- Do not apply exfoliating lotions onto irritated, red or damaged skin. You should also avoid exfoliating sensitive and delicate areas such as around the eyes, breasts or genital area.
- When you're done, wash it off with warm or cold water. Avoid using hot water as this increases skin dryness.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a DIY Body Scrub with Aloe Vera, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.