How to Make an Exfoliant with Sand from the Beach
You can find one of the best natural exfoliants that exist for your skin right on the beach: sand. This provides an excellent fine grain for removing all dead cells so it leaves your skin looking completely renewed, cared for, and much more beautiful. You should exfoliate your skin at least once a week to prevent it ageing prematurely and losing brightness over time. Pay attention to this OneHowTo article and discover how to make an exfoliant with sand from the beach.
The beach is a true outdoor spa where you can carry out beauty treatments that are very beneficial for the skin. On the one hand, seawater is an incredible source of minerals and ingredients that are ideal for promoting regeneration of the dermis and which have a healing effect on eczema, allergic reactions, injuries, dryness, etc. On the other hand, sand from the beach is a very fine powder that is a great ally for exfoliating the skin, leaving it free from impurities and giving you a radiant appearance.
Below, we detail why beach sand can be turned into one of the best natural exfoliants for your skin.
- Its fine grain is ideal for removing all dead cells that accumulate on the skin over time. If they are not removed, they end up overshadowing the beauty and radiance of the skin.
- It is excellent for eliminating impurities from the skin and preventing the emergence of new impurities.
- It has a wonderful softening effect and, after its application, the skin is much softer to the touch.
- It also helps to improve blood circulation, so it can be used to combat cellulite and orange peel on some areas of the body, and can give greater firmness and smoothness to skin tissue.
In order to achieve exfoliation, you need to fill a pot with sand from the beach and take it home. It is best to use fine sand, because if the grain is too thick, it may cause skin irritation.
Also, keep in mind that this exfoliant is indicated exclusively for skin on the body. You should avoid using it on the face or neck, because the skin is much more delicate and sensitive in these areas. It will particularly help to remove dead cells from areas such as the legs, arms, abdomen, feet or those parts where there is greater dryness like the elbows, knees and heels.
You can make an exfoliant with sand from the beach in very different ways. It all depends on the products you combine with it. Here are some of the most effective ways for renewing and rejuvenating the skin.
The first one is very simple and consists in mixing 3 tablespoons of sand with 2 tablespoons of your daily body moisturiser. The amounts can be amended according to your needs. In this way, you will achieve a homemade exfoliating lotion. In addition to removing dead cells, you will give your skin the hydration it needs to stay moisturised and beautiful. It is very important that this lotion responds to the partiucularities of your skin type, i.e. normal, oily, combination, dry, sensitive...
Surely you know the benefits of almond oil on the skin. It is a real beauty elixir which offers regenerative cleansing, prevents the pores from clogging and prevents the appearance of impurities. Furthermore, it is a great moisturiser and anti-inflammatory that helps to keep the natural elasticity and flexibility of the dermis intact.
On this occasion, we suggest an exfoliant made with 1/2 cup of sand from the beach and 3 tablespoons of almond oil. You just have to mix both ingredients into a paste and apply it on the areas to be treated by using gentle circular massage movements.
Another of the best options is to combine beach sand with aloe vera in the same lotion. The latter is a great ally for regenerating damaged skin, combatting dryness and skin that is rough to the touch. So if you notice that your skin looks dull, blemished and aged in appearance, do not hesitate to try this exfoliant.
To prepare it, you need to mix 1/2 a cup of sand with 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, whilst ensuring that this is as pure as possible, and apply it onto the skin with soft circular massage movements to leave it impeccable.
So that you achieve a perfect result and your skin is not damaged, we recommend that you consider taking the following steps before exfoliation with sand from the beach:
- Ideally, exfoliate your body whilst in the shower on damp skin so you avoid causing any irritation.
- Apply the exfoliant with gentle circular movements to stimulate blood flow to the area.
- Do not exfoliate irritated or damaged skin and avoid doing so on sensitive areas like the neck, breasts or genital area.
- After a few minutes, rinse off the exfoliant with warm water and apply a moisturiser afterwards.
- If you want to enhance the effects of exfoliation and accelerate the elimination of cellulite, you can also use a mitt.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make an Exfoliant with Sand from the Beach, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.