Face Masks for After the Beach
Do you have dry skin because of the sun? When you spend a day at the beach, sea salt, UV rays from the sun and heat make your skin look dry, dull and irritated. This is why you have to take extreme care to ensure good health and an optimal appearance. In this OneHowTo article we have several face masks for after the beach. The ingredients are 100% natural to help give your skin the nutrients it needs to regenerate.
Egg and avocado face mask
If after spending the day at the beach you come home with a dry and dull face, it's important to give your face the care it needs to re-hydrate and be in perfect condition. To help you, we propose a moisturising face mask that combines the power of avocado with eggs. You'll need:
- An egg yolk
- 1 avocado
- Olive oil
The first thing you have to do is to take out the avocado pulp and crush it with a fork to make it into a smooth paste. When you have done so, add the egg yolk and add a splash of olive oil so that the moisturising effect is much more intense. Mix all the ingredients together and apply the paste to your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
Honey and egg face mask
One major effect of the beach and the sun is that it makes your skin flake or crack. This is down to external stresses which affect the skin. If this is your case, OneHowTo recommends that you opt for making this homemade mask that will help you to combat dry skin by nourishing it and repairing it from within. You'll need:
- An egg yolk
- 1 spoonful of honey
- Rose water (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (rose water helps the skin to become softer) and, once mixed, apply the mask onto your face and neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
Chocolate for moisturising your skin
Besides being delicious, chocolate is the ideal ingredient to deeply moisturise the dermis and combat dryness caused by sun exposure. Chocolate contains nutrients that provide moisture and the result is brighter, softer and smoother skin.
To prepare this face mask you will need:
- 1 bar of sugar-free, dark chocolate
- Olive oil or almond oil
The first step is to melt the chocolate in a water bath and, when fully melted, add two tablespoons of whichever oil you prefer. The resulting mix has a creamy texture that is perfect for spreading onto your face but you should wait for the chocolate to cool down. Otherwise, you could get a nasty burn. Apply the mask onto your face and let it act for 20 minutes.
If you want to know more, we have some other ideas in this OneHowTo article on homemade face masks for dry skin.
Aloe vera face mask
If after hours on the beach you have sunburn, then you need to regenerate your skin cells and intensely moisturise your body. And there is no better ingredient to achieve this effect than aloe vera. It is a plant with numerous skin benefits but it's best known for its regenerative and moisturising ability. To make this face mask you will need:
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Aloe vera gel (you can buy it or use an aloe vera plant)
Mix the three ingredients in a bowl until you have a smooth paste then apply this to your face (generously in the areas most damaged by the sun). Leave it on your skin for 15 minutes.
Skin care after the beach
It is important that besides moisturising your skin with any of these face masks after the beach, you carry out other treatments to ensure that your face is perfect. Here's how you should care for your skin after a long day at the beach in the sun:
- Exfoliate: it is important that you exfoliate your face at least twice a week to remove any dry skin cells. Note that the sun tends to dry out your skin and so you will end up with more dry skin cells. Exfoliating is important to keep the skin smooth and free of impurities.
- Hydration: in addition to the masks, it is important that you moisturise your entire body using the right body creams. External care is one thing, but you also have to take good care of your inside too. Remember to hydrate your body from the inside to help your skin repair itself. Do not forget to drink water during and after sun exposure.
- Sun cream: even if you do not go to the beach, you should know that the sun still emits UVA rays so it is important that you protect your skin. Choose moisturising creams or make-up that already has some sun protection in it.
If you want to read similar articles to Face Masks for After the Beach, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.