How to Make your Hair Grow Faster with Honey
Honey is one of the natural elements that works best to make hair grow. This is one of the products that concentrates a higher number of properties in the field of health and beauty. With honey you can carry out nourishing and moisturizing masks, it helps heal wounds, moisturizes your lips, hands or feet and also helps your hair grow.
In OneHowTo.com we love all that is natural and know that it can be a fantastic resource to protect your face and hair in the healthiest way possible. If you want to know how to make your hair grow faster with honey do not miss out on this article.
Benefits of honey
As discussed before, honey is a very important ingredient for people's health, for beauty, overall care and hair in particular. Here you have some of the benefits which you can enjoy when using this excellent product.
- It is a natural softener, it helps to untangle and comb your hair
- It helps straighten your hair
- It is an antioxidant
- It helps in the process of hair growth as it nourishes it naturally
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Prevents hair loss
- Prevents dandruff and itchy scalp
- Adds shine and body to the hair
Take a look at all the benefits of honey for skin if you'd like to know more on the subject.
Add honey to your shampoo
One of the most common options is to add honey directly to your regular use shampoo. You will see how this results in your hair being healthier and growing faster.
Simply add a little honey to the shampoo you normally use. When you have wet hair, apply the mixture and massage. Before rinsing out put on a shower cap and leave to act for about 30 minutes.
Then rinse with water. It is advisable to perform this procedure 2 times a week at least. Remember not to wash your hair very often with soap as this can weaken it.
Moisturising honey mask
Masks are essential to keep our hair healthy and beautiful. To complement the above treatment you can make a mask with water and honey which will enhance the effects achieved with that remedy.
Mix 1 part water with 9 parts honey. Apply the product on the scalp, massaging constantly. After about 5 minutes, cover your hair with a towel and leave on for about 3 hours.
Remove the towel and rinse with warm water. Do this once a week. You will notice how your hair grows much faster.
In OneHowTo we reveal another honey mask for hair that will care for your hair from root to tip.
Honey and oil
Honey and olive oil are a great team to improve the health of your hair and increase its growth.
Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and one of extra virgin olive oil in a container that can be put in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, remove, mix well and leave to cool for 1 minute.
Apply throughout hair, massaging the scalp. Cover with a shower cap and let it stand for 30 minutes. Remove with warm water. You can repeat this remedy once a week or alternate it with the previous one, as you prefer.
Tips to make your hair grow faster
In addition to the above-named remedies you must change a number of habits if you want to increase your hair growth.
- Add to your diet lots of fruits, vegetables, lean meats and fish. If you eat in a healthy and balanced way your hair will be healthier and will grow faster.
- Massage your hair for 5 to 10 minutes a day. This will increase blood flow to your scalp, which will oxygenate the hair follicles and enhance hair growth. You can do it while soaping your hair, while you are watching TV or brushing your hair by ensuring that the bristles touch the scalp.
- Blue fish, nuts and legumes contain vitamin B that will accelerate hair growth.
- Avoid very hot water because it will weaken the hair follicles.
- Try cutting hair when there is a crescent moon, there is no evidence that this has any effect though it is said that hair will grow stronger and with more vigor. In this article we tell you about when to cut hair according to the moon cycle.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make your Hair Grow Faster with Honey, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.