How to Make Homemade Bronzer
Would you like to have a lovely golden tan without having to expose yourself for hours under the sun's rays? At OneHowTo we have all the info on the best natural products to enhance tanned skin, leaving it with beautiful golden glow. Flaunt your flawless skin on the beach this summer! Of course, you'll still need to use a sun cream in addition to the product recommended in this article. This will prevent sunburn and premature ageing, whilst also reducing the risk of sun cancer. So read on to find out how to make homemade bronzer and show off your fabulous sun-kissed bod as you relax on the beach.
Homemade carrot bronzer
Carrot is the most effective food in terms of enhancing tan and giving skin a prettier and more flattering golden tone. This is on account of its rich beta-carotene content, which stimulates skin pigmentation, causing it to tan faster. In addition to this, it has antioxidant components which help protect the skin against the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
There are several homemade bronzers using carrot that you can prepare. Below, we'll show you 2 recipes that produce excellent results:
- Carrot and coconut oil bronzer: wash 4 carrots without peeling them, cut them into slices and place them in the blender. Add about 10 drops of coconut oil and process both ingredients until blended completely.
- Carrot, olive oil and honey bronzer. Adding these final two ingredients to the above will give the lotion a boost of hydration. Cut 3 carrots into slices, place in a blender, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey. Process until smooth and blended.
To keep the properties of the self-tanners intact, it is preferable that you keep them in dark glass jars and store in the refrigerator or in a dry, moisture-free place.
Homemade black tea bronzer
Black tea contains a high amount of antioxidants that are highly beneficial in delaying skin aging. In addition to this, it also makes a great natural tanner. It can be used quickly and it leaves a luscious tan. In the same way that it's used to darken hair or disguise grey hair, black tea gives skin a dark tone and helps to prolong tan without the need to use other products.
To create this bronzer, heat 500 ml of water and add about 5 bags of black tea. Leave to soak for about 10 or 15 minutes. After this time, take the teabags out of the saucepan and pour the tea into a spray bottle. Use his to spray the black tea all over the body, making sure to do so evenly.
Homemade coconut oil bronzer
There are natural oils like coconut oil that are real gems for skin care. It's perfect for hydrating, nourishing and preventing premature ageing of the skin. In addition to all these benefits, pure coconut oil also gives skin a beautiful golden tone without causing any damage. It also enhances the tanning effect of the sun when applied after sun exposure. We suggest mixing it with cocoa butter, a regenerative natural butter that's ideal for protecting the skin from possible burns.
To prepare this homemade bronzer, you will need: 6 tablespoons of pure coconut oil, 6 tablespoons of cocoa butter and 10 drops of lavender oil. The essential oil will give the bronzer a delightful smell. First of all, melt the butter in a bain-marie, mix it with the coconut oil and lavender oil until it forms a smooth paste.
Homemade carrot, orange and tomato bronzer
This is one of the most effective natural bronzers that you can use, and the best part is you can drink it! It will leave your skin looking beautifully bronzed in no time, without putting the health of your skin at risk at any time. As we mentioned above, carrot has great tanning properties. Added to this is vitamin A from the tomato and vitamin C from the orange. This is an incredible combination that stimulates the formation of melanin and helps in preventing skin ageing.
If you want to give it a try, simply juice 1 orange, cut 1 tomato and 2 carrots into slices. Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Using homemade bronzers
When you have your self-tanner ready, it is important that you bear in mind how to apply it. In addition, you should take some basic measures to prevent UV rays from damaging the deeper levels of your skin, and causing it to become dehydrated or burning. Thus, it is essential that you:
- Do not use these bronzers in isolation. First, you must protect your skin with a good sun cream with a high sun protection factor (at least 30). It is very important that you apply it 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- It is not advisable that you stay in the sun for a long time with these creams because the UV rays may damage your skin excessively.
- Avoid application to delicate and sensitive areas like the face - remember always to use a specific sun cream to protect skin from the sun.
- It is preferable to use these lotions to enhance and maintain the tan, along with other tanning supplements, rather than to wear them when you're exposed to the sun.
To protect skin health during warm, sunny days, we recommend following the tips provided in the article on How to protect skin from the sun.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Homemade Bronzer, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.