How To Use Coconut Oil for Tanning
Do you want to have a glowing tan summer? Many people at this time of year want to get a spectacular tan to show off their new bikini or swimsuit. Now, with the rise of natural products, we can guarantee you a non-chemical and healthier option to self-tanning.
A natural ingredient that has become very popular to use for a uniform tan is, coconut oil. Coconut oil is without a doubt one of the best natural ingredients on the market at the moment. For this reason, in this oneHOWTO article we will show step-by-step of how to use coconut oil for tanning.
Is coconut oil a good option for tanning?
Many people have heard about the uses of this organic oil for beauty tricks as well as for home remedies and health treatments. But,what we really want to know is, does coconut oil really help to tan?
To answer we will reveal all the properties of coconut oil for skin and tanning:
- Nourishes the skin: this natural product is ideal to keep the skin nourished and in good condition since it contains various fatty acids which are necessary for this. This oil contains lauric acid, linoleic acid, caprylic acid and capric acid, vitamin E and K, which all help in the search for healthy skin.
- Hydration: not only does it moisturize the skin in depth but it also preserves hydration of the cells making the skin softer and healthier.
- Protects the skin: this oil not only nourishes and moisturizes but also creates a protective layer on the skin that serves as a type of light skin protection against the sun. Because of this benefit, coconut oil is commonly used to fight wrinkles.
- Fights Infections : the skin is one of the parts of the body most prone to infections either by fungi or bacteria. This coconut extracted oil aids in protection against skin infections thanks to its high levels of fatty acids and vitamins. If the infection is already present, we suggest applying the oil daily.
- Other benefits: coconut oil helps the body to absorb vitamin D, which is important for dermis care. Not only does it function as a thin protective layer against the sun's rays but it can also work as light sunscreen for hair.
Coconut oil for the sun on the skin is an ideal natural ingredient since it protects, nourishes and moisturizes, allowing for a uniform tan in a natural and healthy way. Keep reading to discover how to use coconut oil for step by step for your summer glow.
How to tan with coconut oil
Now that you know the properties that coconut oil has for the skin, the following indications will tell you how to get a tan with coconut oil:
- Buy the coconut oil. We recommend choosing an organic oil, which is the most natural form.. Another option is to buy a tanning product that contains this oil.
- For best results, make sure your skin is clean before applying the oil.
- Apply the product all over your your body or at least to the areas that you are normally exposed to by the sun.
- Remember to put on this oil every two hours or so to ensure protection and continuous action.
- At the end of the day you can remove any of the oil remains with water or shower gel.
Make sure to put it on half an hour before going outside and exposing yourself to the sun. In addition, it is vital that you avoid direct sun exposure for a long period of time with only the oil on your skin. We recommend using other sun protectors to keep your skin from burning as the oil itself only has an SPF of 4-5.
How to make coconut oil for self-tanning at home
You can use this oil only to achieve a nice brown color on the skin, as we have just discussed. However, it is always advisable to use other natural ingredients to enhance the benefits and improve the results. Therefore, we recommend that you combine this ingredient with others such as carrots, which provide a large amount of beta-carotene which is essential to achieve skin tanning naturally and in a healthy way. In addition, this oil will make the help absorb the nutrients of the carrot faster, making the melanin in your skin activate at a higher speed. Follow these simple instructions on how to make a natural tanning lotion with coconut and carrot oil for long-lasting summer skin:
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 carrots
- Heat the coconut oil a little bit to soften it.
- Blend the carrots to make a juice.
- Mix the two ingredients in a glass container which you will use to store this bronzer.
- Mix well until you get smooth paste.
- Apply directly onto the skin.
- It is recommended that you keep this lotion in the fridge.
From first application you will immediately notice a tan on your skin. However, as mentioned before, this is not a sunscreen, you should always use an SPF if you decide to go directly into the sun to avoid any sun-damage to your skin.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Use Coconut Oil for Tanning, we recommend you visit our Beauty & Personal Care category.