How To Get A Natural Tan At Home
If you've bought a new bathing suit and want to show it off but you're still very white and you will not have time to tan on the beach, do not worry! There are some natural methods and cosmetic products that will help you get a golden hue without having to leave your home. You can darken your skin temporarily without exposing yourself to UV rays and you'll look perfect during summer wearing any garment. Note these tips from OneHowTo to get a natural tan at home.
A revolutionary method to darken the skin quickly and tan at home is the application of henna. It is a plant that brings out natural pigmentation and can be purchased at any herbal shore. It also contains no chemicals that could damage the structure of the skin.
How to tan with henna? It's simple, you just have to add a spoonful of henna to your bath water, immerse yourself and relax for at least 5 to 10 minutes for your skin to take the desired shade, but if you do not get the effect you expected you can stay in the bathtub longer. The golden tone will stay on your skin for several days, because henna is waterproof, so you will not lose it when you shower.
There are many foods that promote tanning and they can be great allies for a nice golden tone without having to resort to commercial lotions, as the increase melanin in our bodies. In addition, they will serve to enhance the tan you get in the sun and to help you keep it for longer. One such food is carrot, thanks to its content in carotene, and by making the most of it you can make your own homemade tanning lotions by following the recipes that we show below:
- Self-tanner with carrots, olive oil and lemon: Mix 250 ml of carrot, 4 tbsp olive oil 4 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Self-tanner with carrot and coconut oil: mix juice 4 carrots with a few drops of coconut oil.
It is very important that you apply these lotions on clean skin, otherwise the expected results will not be acquired.
Another ingredient used for natural tanning is black tea. You can also take advantage of it to make your skin look more beautiful. First, you must prepare an infusion of black tea, let it cool and pour it into a spray bottle. Then you only have to apply it to the skin evenly before sun exposure to enhance tanning.
On the market, you can find a wide range of self-tanning lotions supposed to darken the skin instantaneously. You will see that these are available in various formats, from creams and sprays to self-tanning wipes. Find out about what the best option is depending on the finish you want to get and note the following tips to apply them correctly:
- Before applying a self-tanner, it is necessary that exfoliate your skin with a lotion for it to be smooth and free of oils.
- Avoid shaving in the days before application and in the case of waxing, do it at least two days before.
- Do it on clean and dry skin, preferably after showering.
- Moisturize your skin with a body lotion before using self-tanner.
- Start applying it from the bottom up with upward motions using little product and not overdoing it. Do it evenly so that there are not some areas darker than others, paying particular attention to the folds of your skin.
- After a first application, assesses the result and perform a second if you want a more intense tan.
- Use plastic gloves to prevent your hands from becoming brown or yellow.
- Wait until the lotion is absorbed by your skin completely before dressing or going outside because the treatment requires time.
If you are going to use home tanning wipes, you must take into account other essential steps so that the result is as desired and the result is even. For treatment to be effective, you just have to follow the advice that you'll be able to read on the package, don't skip any of the steps!
If you'd like to read similar articles to How To Get A Natural Tan At Home, we recommend you browse around our Beauty & Personal Care category.